Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Spoiler Rocker Switch PN

My "new" 98 Boxster came without a switch in the fuse panel in the footwell. Inspecting where it should be I don't even see wires or connectors in the hole there. I presume the switch is merely plugged into the space available but cannot find anything on the forum or in Bentley about this topic. The spoiler seems to function fine: light comes on when the car starts, goes out when speed is 3 - 5 mph, never comes on otherwise. I presume it's working but don't have observable proof that it is. Can someone provide the PN and any other information I might need? Thanks.

Does anyone know if this part number & description is the part I'm searching for?

Description: "Tip Switch, Rear Spoiler"

P/N: 996 613 102 00

I found this in a pdf parts manual on-line by AutoAtlanta (autoatlanta.com). It's page 118 in the manual but my adobe reader indicates it's page 119 (71 of 87). It's in the electrical section at any rate.

Thanks.

Loren & Tool Pants -

Thanks for the help. TP, I saw your response on the 986 forum earlier tonight and did as you suggested. Sure enough the switch was right there with the wiring attached. And it all functioned per the manual!

I had postulated that perhaps his circuitry could not be removed without the dash light for the spoiler always being on. I studied the wiring diagrams and believe this is no the case. This circuit could easily be eliminated electrically,but Porsche does an amazing job of wrapping their wires. I don't think anyone would try and remove the circuit for any reason honestly.

What i don't understand now is why I have this big smile when I push the button and the spoiler goes up, then down? I think I'm becoming obsessed with this car! And to make it worse, my wife is beginning to notice!

Thanks to you guys and all the good work you do in helping us newbies enjoy our cars even more than we thought possible! :renntech: