Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Anyone know how to swap out the headlight locking bar?

Hi, just wondering if anyone knows if there's a way to replace the headlight locking bar on their headlight mounting plate. I have stripped mine over time, and now have trouble unlocking/locking my headlights, so I am looking to replace the locking bar. Any ideas, or am I the first one to attempt this? :) Thanks in advance for any tips.

It's item 10 in the diagram on the link below:

http://www.pelicanparts.com/cgi-bin/PartsL...mp;Line_Item=10

Hi, just wondering if anyone knows if there's a way to replace the headlight locking bar on their headlight mounting plate. I have stripped mine over time, and now have trouble unlocking/locking my headlights, so I am looking to replace the locking bar. Any ideas, or am I the first one to attempt this? :) Thanks in advance for any tips.

dl?

Anyhow, it's super easy. Just tried it w/ mine. Once you get the headlight out, look at the bar (#10 in diagram you linked). On the front trunk side (inward side), next to the white nylon bushing, there is a split washer in a notch on the bar. Using pliers, pull it off (it keeps the bar from sliding too far inward). Then just slide the bar inward another 1/2 inch or so and lift up on the outward side which is now free from the housing. And just slide the whole thing outward to free the inboard side. Done.

You can barely see the white nylon bushing in this photo just above the stamped printing in the housing.

boxster_headlamp_10_lg.jpeg

Edited by Cassiebox

dl?

Anyhow, it's super easy. Just tried it w/ mine. Once you get the headlight out, look at the bar (#10 in diagram you linked). On the front trunk side (inward side), next to the white nylon bushing, there is a split washer in a notch on the bar. Using pliers, pull it off (it keeps the bar from sliding too far inward). Then just slide the bar inward another 1/2 inch or so and lift up on the outward side which is now free from the housing. And just slide the whole thing outward to free the inboard side. Done.

Yep, that's me. :) Wanted to change my handle on PPBB over to Boxtaboy too, but figured people would get confused, so I kept it. Thanks for the explanation on the locking bar!! I'll give it a shot once my new ones are delivered.

Cheers.

dl?

Yep, that's me. :) Wanted to change my handle on PPBB over to Boxtaboy too, but figured people would get confused, so I kept it. Thanks for the explanation on the locking bar!! I'll give it a shot once my new ones are delivered.

Cheers.

Ha ha, I should change mine here to match over there and elsewhere.......

Edited by Cassiebox

Cheers.

Ha ha, I should change mine here to match over there and elsewhere..... Burg Boxster.

So that's who you are! Was wondering how you knew who I was. :) Thx. again for your help, Burg.