Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

How Can I Re-Attach My Disengaged Spolier?

The left side of my spoiler recently detached from the grill. Now, I've tried five different adhesives (silicon, gorilla glue, crazy glue, aircraft epoxy, auto epoxy) and it's come undone every time. I still can't believe aircraft epoxy didn't work. Anyway, the spot I'm gluing is looking worse every time, so I'm over adhesives as a solution. This amateur has been making amateur mistakes. I'm ready to learn to do it right.

It looks like there's a plastic peg that connects the other side (which has fortunately been strong enough at speed for the past couple of months). I thank you in advance.

post-23225-1192980900_thumb.jpg

Thanks, Loren! Super-descriptive thread...But I think it's for a different issue. My problem isn't replacing the spoiler trim (aka "rubber accordion"); it's replacing the left "peg" that attaches the the after-market spoiler to the car. I don't believe the linked threat addresses this.

post-23225-1192985917_thumb.jpg

Edited by Team996

Glad someone brought up this topic... I think I have the same aftermarket spoiler on my car (it was there when I bought the car). First, can anyone tell me what brand of spoiler this is? Second, my whole contraption seems to bounce in the wind. Is this normal or is this a function of placing extra weight on the factory spoiler?

Thanks.

I had that same spoiler but mine had two screws that held it onto the rear plastic factory spoiler. Does your spoiler have the holes in it for a screw?

First, there is a hole for a peg, which may very well just be a screw. Second, are you a naval aviator (re: avatar)? Third, if you are, might you recognize the bird on my rear window?

Mine bounces in the wind as well, but I figured it's just 'cause one side is detached. If someone can identify the brand, I'll be grateful, since I can go directly to them for the pieces. Thanks.

I had that same spoiler but mine had two screws that held it onto the rear plastic factory spoiler. Does your spoiler have the holes in it for a screw?

First, there is a hole for a peg, which may very well just be a screw. Second, are you a naval aviator (re: avatar)? Third, if you are, might you recognize the bird on my rear window?

Mine bounces in the wind as well, but I figured it's just 'cause one side is detached. If someone can identify the brand, I'll be grateful, since I can go directly to them for the pieces. Thanks.

I flew UH-1N Huey's and SH-60B's for the Navy until 1993. Eight great years. I stayed in the reserves and have been activated twice just returning from my most recent one to the Middle East this last April.

The bird looks very familiar but I cannot place it.

My spoiler also vibrated a bit but I don’t think it was serious. It may just be with the TA spoiler on, you can see it in the mirror.

I loved that spoiler and people always commented on how nice it looked. Not many people have it.