Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

mechanic in the pasedena, San grabriel valley area, CA

Hi Lemon,

I live in Pasadena. I have two good people for you. You may want to talk to them and see which one you like.

The first is Art Barian at Modern Auto Tech. He was a master mechanic at Beverly Hills Porsche for many years before he started his own shop. Although the shop is not impressive (messy) he does excellent work and his prices are very fair. The number is 626 398 9977. His address is

2243 East Washington Blvd

Pasadena , CA 91104

The other is Scientific Auto. This place is a more expensive. I also think the owner tends to want to replace things that can wait. He does very good work. I find him a bit arrogant and pricey. Here is the address

1727 E. Walnut St.

Pasadena, CA 91106

626 795 7018

My advice is to talk to both and see who you are comfortable with.

For God sakes don't go to Rusnak. $ 270 for an oil change...Please......... :angry:

PM me if you want any more feedback.

Good luck,

Phillipj

I think mckenna got me for 235 for the 1k oil change....go figure..I swear if i had a lift..id do it myself...i dont...

btw how much did these guys charge you...what you do..get your parts for like the oil change from rusnak and take it to these two guys...

thanks

Lemon

For God sakes don't go to Rusnak. $ 270 for an oil change...Please......... :angry:

PM me if you want any more feedback.

Good luck,

Phillipj

Lemon,

I have a 996. Both guys charge $140 for an oil change. Neither mechanic will let me bring my own parts. I do have another mechanic who will. For brake rotors etc.

Do you just need someone for maitenance?

Phillipj

yes I do, I figure i need someone to care of my car and not pay exuberant dealer prices...if its major id take it to them ....other than that i want a guy really working on my car that i can talk to and not a service manager...

thanks

LEmon

Lemon,

I have a 996. Both guys charge $140 for an oil change. Neither mechanic will let me bring my own parts. I do have another mechanic who will. For brake rotors etc.

Do you just need someone for maitenance?

Phillipj

yes I do, I figure i need someone to care of my car and not pay exuberant dealer prices...if its major id take it to them ....other than that i want a guy really working on my car that i can talk to and not a service manager...

thanks

LEmon

For brakes and alignment...there is nothing like spens in glendale..now those guys know their stuff on those two things...i had a 91 C4..and they got it on the nose everytime...