Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Set of Wheels Just Came In

Sure! to start with for the front wheels to fit my "S" I needed a pair of 6.5mm spacers! I looked every where for em. But I didn't want the universal fit kind. Wanting either hub centric fit or 5-130 bolt pattern factory drilled, I found a pair on automotion.com for $32.00 (set). Since I was just extending 1/4 inch out , I didn't need to replace my bolts. I've had Kumhos on my car previously ECSTA ATX? but this time I'm switching to Nexen N3000. I'll let u guys know how they turn out.

Thanks

post-23680-1194061735.jpg

Very nice. congrats.

Can you please post before and after pics? Also, detail what you end up doing (suspension changes or spacers and such)? I have been looking to do the same, but I know nothing about this and not sure about any modifications that might need to take place to ensure proper wear and clearance. Camber and all that confuses me.

Again, CONGRATS, they look cool!!

I was looking to put the same wheels on my 01' S. PLEASE POST PICS WHEN YOU GET THEM ON.

So why did you need 6.5mm spacers in the front? Was the wheel hitting the caliper?

• 3 weeks later...

Yes they were hitting the caliper.

7mm H&R spacers were thrown!

post-23680-1196139313_thumb.jpg

post-23680-1196139329_thumb.jpg

and I couldn't possibly use my old lug bolts. I noticed Porsche factory ball seat was slightly diff than a most after market ball seat. factory lug bolt's groove was just too wide , they just won't sit properly. So I ended up getting some longer bolts.

post-23680-1196139870_thumb.jpg

Sure! to start with for the front wheels to fit my "S" I needed a pair of 6.5mm spacers! I looked every where for em. But I didn't want the universal fit kind. Wanting either hub centric fit or 5-130 bolt pattern factory drilled, I found a pair on automotion.com for $32.00 (set). Since I was just extending 1/4 inch out , I didn't need to replace my bolts. I've had Kumhos on my car previously ECSTA ATX? but this time I'm switching to Nexen N3000. I'll let u guys know how they turn out.

Thanks

post-23680-1194061735.jpg

Very nice. congrats.

Can you please post before and after pics? Also, detail what you end up doing (suspension changes or spacers and such)? I have been looking to do the same, but I know nothing about this and not sure about any modifications that might need to take place to ensure proper wear and clearance. Camber and all that confuses me.

Again, CONGRATS, they look cool!!

I was looking to put the same wheels on my 01' S. PLEASE POST PICS WHEN YOU GET THEM ON.

So why did you need 6.5mm spacers in the front? Was the wheel hitting the caliper?

Edited by juniinc

FWIW, I have 10's (et47) on the rear of my '02 S with 275/35s. Car is also lowered with H&R sports springs. When fitting, be certain the wheel does not rub on the parking brake cable, as mine did. I was clear all suspension and shock points, but heard this strange whinning noise that would increase in pitch the faster I went. Upon removing the wheel, I noticed a groove rubbed into the cable (fortunately not severe). All was was fixed with a couple wide cable ties holding the brake cable close to the rear suspension arm.

Sharp! I have a black '01 S. Are your wheels factory or aftermarket copies of Carrera wheels?

Thanks Alan! I know u do , I remember we talked about desnorkeling your 986-LOL

These new wheels would be 100% after market. Also I do believe they look the best w/ black car :D

FWIW, I have 10's (et47) on the rear of my '02 S with 275/35s. Car is also lowered with H&R sports springs. When fitting, be certain the wheel does not rub on the parking brake cable, as mine did. I was clear all suspension and shock points, but heard this strange whinning noise that would increase in pitch the faster I went. Upon removing the wheel, I noticed a groove rubbed into the cable (fortunately not severe). All was was fixed with a couple wide cable ties holding the brake cable close to the rear suspension arm.

Sharp! I have a black '01 S. Are your wheels factory or aftermarket copies of Carrera wheels?

Edited by juniinc

> So I ended up getting some longer bolts.

So where'd you get those bolts from??? I just installed some similar BSA wheels (but the machined/polished version) and I need some chrome bolts now. :P

On my 2000 S I didn't have any fit issues in the front with the caliper. It's odd that you did. I do have a rub in the back though since my car is lowered.

Kirk

No matter where u get em from , make sure they r at least GRADE 8 and above. Yes I'm familiar with those BSA wheels. Manufactured in Malaisya? They do come with diff offset options but not these wheels. I got about 80 more those chrome lug bolts sitting around in my shop, let me know if u need any.

And I wouldn't use those old factory lugs, they shouldn't fit properly.

post-23680-1229368375_thumb.jpg

> So I ended up getting some longer bolts.

So where'd you get those bolts from??? I just installed some similar BSA wheels (but the machined/polished version) and I need some chrome bolts now. :P

On my 2000 S I didn't have any fit issues in the front with the caliper. It's odd that you did. I do have a rub in the back though since my car is lowered.

Kirk

Edited by juniinc

• 4 weeks later...

For those who requested before & after pix + possibly thinking about upgrading their wheels.

Here is a good pic of my front view to compare, I think - 17"CUP'S to staggered 18"S,smoked amber,smoked marker,silver crest,LED day running light + Zymol black wax,,, think a few modifications changed the look of my car, a lot more aggressive

Now SHE can be eaily seperated from the other 986s B)

post-23680-1198282727_thumb.jpgpost-23680-1198282699_thumb.jpg

Edited by juniinc