Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Best Wax for the Winter?

Hy guys,

A lot have been said about wax, but nothing has been mentioned about their winter capabilities...

Since I am driving my 986 this winter for the first time (I already changed the tires!), I would like to know which wax would offer the better balance between ease of application/weather protection...

Thanks,

Gustavo.

Here is another vote for Zaino products. Great company and Sal Zaino is very helpful and a class guy! The Z2 and Z5 I use the most.

www.zainobros.com

I also use RejeX wax on leading edges (mirrors and front bumper) and on the wheels and wheel barrels.

Here is another vote for Zaino products. Great company and Sal Zaino is very helpful and a class guy! The Z2 and Z5 I use the most.

www.zainobros.com

I also use RejeX wax on leading edges (mirrors and front bumper) and on the wheels and wheel barrels.

Thanks guys,

Sent these guys an email. They don't deliver in NJ...

I am thinking about these 2 products to start (my car is black):

Z-AIO All-in-one 1 $26.95 $26.95

Z-3 Show Car Polish for Regular Paint 1 $14.95 $14.95

Let me know what you think.

Thanks,

Gus

Here is what I would recommend if you have never really detailed your car. Get the Zaino Total Protection Show Car Kit (ZKIT-1)

1. wash car with grease cutting soap (Dawn)

2. Clay car

3. wash with Z-7

4. wipe down with Z-6

5. Z-5Pro w/ZFX (you may use Z-AIO here instead)

6. wipe down with Z-6

7. Z-2Pro w/ZFX (2 coats)

8. Finish with ZX-8

This is a lot of work, buy it pays off in the long run. I washed my car twice this year. Bugs and other stuff just come right off. Lasts for 6 months at least.

If you aren't into doing a real detail...wash the car, Z-AIO, Z-2Pro.

www.zainobros.com

Thanks guys,

Thanks,

Gus

Gus, why won't they deliver to NJ? Strange.

You don't want Z3. You have a clear coat.

Edited by White987S

www.zainobros.com

Thanks guys,

Thanks,

Gus

Gus, why won't they deliver to NJ? Strange.

You don't want Z3. You have a clear coat.

Thanks for the tip Withe987s,

I will get the Z2pro...

Regarding the delivery...I found it strange as well...This is the message on the website:

"Other Shipping

For those customers not in 47 contiguous states, our online store is not presently able to service you. We're sorry for the inconvenience at this time. We've established the following independent distributors for more efficient service. If you're not in the 47 states, please choose the following option most convenient for you.

New Jersey customers:

Please email: newjersey@zainobros.com"