Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

2008 Cayenne Speaker Layout

I'm sure it exists but its vague. I just ordered my 2008 S and while waiting for delivery I am planning my stereo. Based on my experiences with doing my boxster, I have a lot more grounds as to what I can do in the porsche.

Does anyone have a diagram or just an accurate count of which speakers are in what positions and how big each speaker is? I'm really focused on the stock system (I skipped the bose since everything but the PCM is coming out) but I have noticed that the door panels and dash panels are the same regardless on the 2008's. This wasnt the case say, with my boxster, which varies the door panel depending on the sound option chosen.

Just so everyone knows what I am up to, I'll be installing JL all around this time, with a 500/1v2 and 450/4v2 powering the environment. The PCM will be connected to a CL-SSI and then a CL441, which will then send the signal out to the amp. Its useless to send less than amazing sound to the amp and spend tons of money on speakers.

I was going to install the focal utopia 3 ways, but I will stick to JL this time. I was impressed by their evolution ZR series, and the 3 ways are a lot less power hungry (have to fit amps somewhere!) than the focals, a bit cheaper and easier to acquire. So up front (depending on the speaker layout that hopefully someone chimes me into) I will do a 3 way component, matchine 2's for the passenger doors and matching midbass for the lid. Once I dynamat the cayenne and take into consideration its a fixed roof (as opposed to the boxster), I'll be achieving DBs and headroom a lot easier so I wont need the destructive power of 200w/ch components.

The sub I will be using is the 10w7. I'm looking forward to it.

Next begins the long search for an ipod bluetooth solution, but hopefully when by the time my car is delivered mobridge will be out with theirs. Yet another porsche to tinker with in the garage :)

-Ryan

• 5 months later...
I'm sure it exists but its vague. I just ordered my 2008 S and while waiting for delivery I am planning my stereo. Based on my experiences with doing my boxster, I have a lot more grounds as to what I can do in the porsche.

Does anyone have a diagram or just an accurate count of which speakers are in what positions and how big each speaker is? I'm really focused on the stock system (I skipped the bose since everything but the PCM is coming out) but I have noticed that the door panels and dash panels are the same regardless on the 2008's. This wasnt the case say, with my boxster, which varies the door panel depending on the sound option chosen.

Just so everyone knows what I am up to, I'll be installing JL all around this time, with a 500/1v2 and 450/4v2 powering the environment. The PCM will be connected to a CL-SSI and then a CL441, which will then send the signal out to the amp. Its useless to send less than amazing sound to the amp and spend tons of money on speakers.

I was going to install the focal utopia 3 ways, but I will stick to JL this time. I was impressed by their evolution ZR series, and the 3 ways are a lot less power hungry (have to fit amps somewhere!) than the focals, a bit cheaper and easier to acquire. So up front (depending on the speaker layout that hopefully someone chimes me into) I will do a 3 way component, matchine 2's for the passenger doors and matching midbass for the lid. Once I dynamat the cayenne and take into consideration its a fixed roof (as opposed to the boxster), I'll be achieving DBs and headroom a lot easier so I wont need the destructive power of 200w/ch components.

The sub I will be using is the 10w7. I'm looking forward to it.

Next begins the long search for an ipod bluetooth solution, but hopefully when by the time my car is delivered mobridge will be out with theirs. Yet another porsche to tinker with in the garage :)

-Ryan