Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Bought a 2003 C4 Cab, roadtrip home!

I found a very lightly used (6,200 miles) C4 Cab in Colorado Springs, and had the fortune of driving it back to Tucson. What a thrilling ride, driving through Southern Colorado in Fall, going through Durango, in a new (to me) Carrera! In late October, on a weekday, many of the smaller highways were very empty, with miles of road ahead.

I've owned a mixture of cars over the years, MB E320, SLK 230, Nissan 300zx, 2006 BMW 325i, but by far, my new Carrera is the most thrilling and fun ride I've ever owned. I feel like I am 16 again, looking for excuses to drive my new car!

I found this forum, which seems rich in very useful information sharing, and wanted to share my excitement in being a new Porsche owner.

:D

post-25033-1195501606_thumb.jpg

post-25033-1195501635_thumb.jpg

post-25033-1195501661_thumb.jpg

Thanks James!

A couple more pictures... Besides Southern Colorado, we passed through Petrified Forrest (AZ), then onto Pinetop (AZ), and the Salt Canyon, AZ. The Southwest offers great driving!

John

I know how you feel, isn't it great?! Great pics. Post more if you have them! I'd love to take my car out west to the desert...

-James.

post-25033-1195508516_thumb.jpg

post-25033-1195508544_thumb.jpg

post-25033-1195508580_thumb.jpg

Hi John,

Nothing like it is there? This is my 4th 911 and once you've been bitten you just can't get it out of your blood, like... I'll let your imagination fill that in. If feels like one piece of metal doesn't it!

If you or anyone else out there ever get a chance try HWY 89 between Lake Tahoe and Mt Shasta in Northern CA. It was written up by Car and Driver as one of the 10 Best Sports Car Roads in America (I must admit about 20 years ago, when I did it in my 1980 SC) but what a ride about 10 cars for about 250 miles of the California Sierras, but that was 20 years ago.

Enjoy that car, the driving, the way it makes you feel, the way it is connected to the road. :D

Gary

post-24551-1195512213_thumb.jpg

Thanks James!

A couple more pictures... Besides Southern Colorado, we passed through Petrified Forrest (AZ), then onto Pinetop (AZ), and the Salt Canyon, AZ. The Southwest offers great driving!

John

I know how you feel, isn't it great?! Great pics. Post more if you have them! I'd love to take my car out west to the desert...

-James.

John,

Thanks for sharing this, I know these roads well and try to get to that part of the US every couple of years, Unfortunately my car has to stay in Australia. Next trip in May 08, maybe I can hire a c4 in Las Vegas.

Glenn