Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

997C2 Eibach Pro-Kit

I recently had my '06 997C2 lowered with the Eibach Pro-Kit (-1.2 inch), and immediately installed 4 new tires (Conti sport 2) at my local Porsche dealership. The car looks great, but the handling is very bad! I have a constant vibration in the car, and the steering is suddenly extremely light! I went back twice, and they claimed that they re-balanced the wheels, and checked the allignment, but no improvement at all. Does anyone has any experience with this problem? Thanks!

Hi,

I had my car alinged for the track. With

that lowering kit, you probably need the

same. Talk to a a racing shop near you

and find the person who can do this. Nothing

is worse then going 120mph, slam on the brakes, point

the car towards the turn, and the car pushes.

Paul

Cars like ours that goes fast and has stiff suspensions would feel every posible little things. Looks like your vibration happened after you installed new tires. There is a better way to balance a tire. It will be 5 times harder for the tire tech to do it so most of the time they will only do the standard balancing. but for some cases like yours they could set up the balancer and balance it to 1/10th of an ounce instead of just per ounce which means wheels and tires would be balance finer. You have to request this and request to see and test if your tires are perfectly round. there are some cases that tires could be defective even though they are name brands. See also if your tires are wearing out evenly, look at the tread blocks and see if the edges are even if the car is not aligned right, one side of the tread block will be sharper and the other rounder. Bad alignment will cause tires to wear unevenly and could result in vibration. Our soft compund tires wear out fast so a little missalign............It happened to my car got it used so i had it checked including alignment even got a printout and tires was worn in a couple thousand miles so replaced the tires and had the alignment rechecked. Found out the second time the shop aligned my car on c4s or c4 instead of c2 I asked why, the mechanic or tech said he punched the vin to alignment machine and thats what he got. So he manually entered my car and did the adjustment. If your car was lowered also the specs will be or could be different and alignment machines are programed for factory suspensions and yours should be manually entered for alignment. Maybe someone here had experience or maybe Eibach could provide you with the specs not 100% sure but the specs could be a little diff. Good Luck!

I made an appointment at a racing shop, where they have lots of experience with race porsche's, even 997's out of the American Le Mans series! They will first check the roadforce of the tires, and then they will 'Strobe Light Spin Balance' the front wheels. They are also going to re-allign the car, so hopefully the whole issue will be gone by then!

• 2 weeks later...

Today i went to Performance Alignment in Cincinnati, OH, and i have a total different car! The owner of that place, Bill Braucksick, has tons of experiance with racecars, and did an excellent job! (for 1/4 of the costs at the Porsche dealership) What really upset me, is that the entire balance/alignment was completely off! White Allen Porsche in Dayton, Ohio is the worst dealership i have ever seen in my life! they claim that the alignment was right, so don't want to reinburs me for their 'alignment', which i believe they never did! Does anyone have experience with fighting for reinbursment from a dealership? (I'm from Europe, and never had to deal with something like this here...)

Thanks guys!