Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

2005 997C2S PASM tip. Car is having work done by a local shop, but then car had to be taken to another specialized shop. GT3 f/r bumpers put on and a GT2 like spolier. PSS9s and GT3 sway bars were also put on. Car was not finished before going to second shop for a TPC supercharger kit (way, way fast now!). Since back from the second shop and on it's way to the first shop tomorrow, car has the following codes on the Dura reader:

airbag: 8007/8008 drivers airbag stage 1 above upper limit

a/c : c203 fault steering wheel ecu (drive)

front : 8042 pas airbag stage 2 incorrect code??

rear : 8034 rear brake light. brake light does not work.

The horn, and tip gear up/down do not work. And the first shop did not install the GT3 harness for the spoiler yet - will that get rid of the third brake light code?? I'm not sure if someone tried to remove the st wheel to do an alignment??

Any help on the these codes would be appreciated, so I can be fully informed before bringing the car back to the first shop.

Hmm... are you sure they did not unplug the harness to the steering wheel?

All of those faults relate to switches in the steering wheel except for the brake light switch fault - that would be the spoiler harness.

Thanks for replying Loren. Both shops deny messing with the steering wheel - but I am pretty sure (as you probably are) that someone messed with the harness. It is good to know that all of the codes are related to the st wheel and/or the GT2 spoiler.

Is the harness and connectors able to be gotten to withouot removing the st wheel??

I would start by looking under the dash to see if any wires are dangling down.

Did they remove the instrument cluster for the SC install? If so they might have disconnected something there.

OK, I'll look under the dash tonight. To my knowledge - they did not remove the cluster. Thanks...

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I checked everything that was obvious - but did not take anything apart. I took car to another shop and they said the ribbon wire coming down from the steering wheel column to the rack was broken. It was broken when the other shop did the alignment!! So the other shop fixed and all is OK. What wire or ribbon wire are they talking about??