Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

mesh screens for gt3

maximus136

• Moderators

The DIY Loren refers to is for 996 GT3 intake screens...... Since you posted in the 997 GT3 forum, I'll assume you have a 997 GT3. Note that there will be differences in the 997 bumper and screens. If you DO have a 996 GT3, let me know. I can provide additional help AND have screens available.

The DIY Loren refers to is for 996 GT3 intake screens...... Since you posted in the 997 GT3 forum, I'll assume you have a 997 GT3. Note that there will be differences in the 997 bumper and screens. If you DO have a 996 GT3, let me know. I can provide additional help AND have screens available.

Thanks everybody for your comments and help, I do own a 997......will let you know how it goes.........

I received my screens in the mail yesterday. They are very nice, and they should be!! Does anyone know if the outside radiator ducts on a 997 aero kit are the same size as the GT3 ducts? I may have screwed up! Also noticed today that GT# screens are on eBay, $80!!!!!!

Don

A low-tech but effective method I heard from a respected race shop mechanic is to get some furnace filter and cut to match contour of the front face side of elements to be protected, i.e., radiator surface.

I am told this does not impede air flow yet will protect the radiators.

I'll try this in the Spring, but will likely also get the Carnewale grills.

• 2 months later...
post-25072-1207539958_thumb.jpgsome pics....for those interesed......just have to cut that screen a little bit closer to the edge, bend it and fit it into the channel where the funnel fits and you done.......the center one you can close really close and secure it with pop rivets......

post-25072-1207540020_thumb.jpg

post-25072-1207540388_thumb.jpg
post-25072-1207539958_thumb.jpgsome pics....for those interesed......just have to cut that screen a little bit closer to the edge, bend it and fit it into the channel where the funnel fits and you done.......the center one you can close really close and secure it with pop rivets......

post-25072-1207540481_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

I ordered a set of screens from Carneval, I think they are from Carcarphics (correct me if I am wrong). At first, reading some messages at this website, I thought this will be impossible. Well, I already made some alternative screens. Luckily my friend, a car freak by nature, visited me this afternoon, and with him we found a way to fit the screens without any modifications, keeping all original air ducts intact. Very nice indeed.

Gents:

I bought a GT3 about a month ago and am looking for screens to protect the radiators against flying stones etc etc. where do I get them??

thanks for your help.

maximus136

shark werks sells the Cargraphic guards. talk to Alex