Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Fault code

Guest carpediemgr

Guest carpediemgr
I think it is time to check the compression on cylinder 1. You could have a broken piston ring or bent valve.

compression checked all looks fine!!!

i forgot to say that when the check engine lit on 6000rpm the power of the car dont drop , still keep accelerate fine.

a stupid question is any possibility that my brother bought this car remember he has run only 100km after bought it and... he didnt know that the car has a "chip" mean reprogramming the ECU? for best performance and the seller didint told that? is it possible a ECU tunning do problems like this?

thanks

Typical catalyst problem, once over 6.000 rpm the cats can not absorb the volume of exhaust gasses they're cleaning capacity are reduced, take apart the cat section and give a look inside with a endoscope, i bet that they are partial blocked or even melted. The CEL will blink at that moment, if you loose the throttle the CEL go's out.

HI ALL

This is my first try here. I have a 986 97', 2.5, with 58.000 kms and I've the same problem. I have an PIWIS Tester, and yesterday gave me the codes: P0300, P0301, P0302. Then, after this, gave the codes P1319, P1314, P14 and P1315.

We changed the spark plugs, and changed with the left side two coils, but the fault codes still remain the same. The codes only comes at 5.500 rpm. Do you really think is catalyst problem?

Best regards

João Berjano

Guest carpediemgr

still my head is close to break

Typical catalyst problem, once over 6.000 rpm the cats can not absorb the volume of exhaust gasses they're cleaning capacity are reduced, take apart the cat section and give a look inside with a endoscope, i bet that they are partial blocked or even melted. The CEL will blink at that moment, if you loose the throttle the CEL go's out.

HI ALL

This is my first try here. I have a 986 97', 2.5, with 58.000 kms and I've the same problem. I have an PIWIS Tester, and yesterday gave me the codes: P0300, P0301, P0302. Then, after this, gave the codes P1319, P1314, P14 and P1315.

We changed the spark plugs, and changed with the left side two coils, but the fault codes still remain the same. The codes only comes at 5.500 rpm. Do you really think is catalyst problem?

Best regards

João Berjano

joao in my brothers car after 6000rpm the car still have power dont drop and go without problem accelerating to red line rpm after the rpm drom lower to

6000rpm the light stop lit

the car accelerate like a "gun" dont show that something happening with lifters or pistons

but who can tell me that if they open the engine the problem will stop?????

in official dealer shop the had changed half an engine outside part with the same problem and finaly they changed engine because the car was in warranty

Edited by carpediemgr

Guest carpediemgr

the last think i have to do i will do is to go to Official Porsche center i make an appointment on tuesday.

i have another 4 days for the problem to be ended without pay another 50% of a new car :)))))

i will leave my pants in the porsche center !!!

Guest carpediemgr

finally for problems with codes everyone have to take official dealler opinion

the problem was the 1st cylinder coil

the not official shop proposed to change lifters on bank 1 lol........

just 200 euros for new coil than 2500 for engine repair......

Guest carpediemgr

my happiness was for 3 days

coil and plug changed from official porsche dealler but after 3 days the problem is back

misfire misfire.....

now the check engine light is lighting all the time dont stop light when rpm drom down of 6000 rpm

my brothers car is close to be in big troubles

2003 with 42000 km on i cant believe it

Guest carpediemgr
Relax carpediemgr, the fact is that fault finding needs insight and organisation and is a job on his own. If you are not in a possition to do it by yourself bring in the car to a dealer and pick the car up when the repair is done, with warranty. Every body satisfy.

i did it my friend already

in germany last serviced they know the problem

here in greece the official dealer try to find it by changing the half of my car parts

did you understand?

i pay all these part during the diagnosis....

tommorow they will try for a new catalitic converter the next day for a new ECU brain etc

i have to pay another car in pats? in the other deallers shop in Reultingen they already had made this diagnosis why i have to pay again?

explain to me... i am the stupid? explain please? why ????

why they dont ask from Reutlingen germany the historic to find out the problem and fix it without ask me to pay all these paqrts during the diagnosis?

In reultingen germany they have already made that diagnosis of the problem

Edited by Loren
Remove flaming and warned member

• 2 weeks later...
Guest carpediemgr

dear friends no one can tell what the problem is the car is in official seller workshop for 10 days and still wait to explain to me what this fault 300-and 301

total misfire and misfire in cylinder 1 wich caused when the car is over 6000rpm happens

what is going on?