Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Ipod Connection to 04 CDR23

Hello All,

I have been looking around to see if anyone has been able to get their Ipod to connect to their stock CD player. I do not have Nav or Bose or CD changer. I am using an FM Modulator but this sounds terrible. Any advice would be appreciated. I would also consider swapping out my stock CD for a aftermarket Nav unit but I have seen this is also a problem. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

CGO

Run a google search for m0bridge. They are making a device which will do what you're looking for, and a bit more. There's a few other devices out there now, a quick forum search for ipod will drill out some leads for you if you want the device asap. The m0bridge unit is not ready for distribution, last time I looked (january 08).

I went with the Cleansweep, and added amps. All works fine, and no hiss or whine from the engine.

Looks like a solid audio solution! I'm still holding out for the m0bridge for the car-puter option. Already bought the mac mini which just happens to fit perfectly. The nice part about the m0bridge is the video feed to the in-dash display. I'm a geek, and have no problem admitting i want a computer onboard...

I went with the Cleansweep, and added amps. All works fine, and no hiss or whine from the engine.
I checked it out after seeing your post. Looks good, but could not determine how to hook it up. The JL Audio site says it wires in as a speaker, and mentions an OEM plug. Do you have to splice into speaker wires? I have the CDR23 w/Bose and CD 6pack.

Crutchfields did not know any more than the JL Audio brochure specified. "Local dealer" has not responded, but he is a home systems dealer.

Could you post some details please?

If you have miles of patience get the Denision, if you want something that just works get the Mobridge unit (www.mobridge-usa.com) I have a group buy in progress on the rennlist Cayenne board $499 to members

Mike

For the CDR23, I would recommend the Dension Gateway 500 unit as well. Done a few of these and they work well. Plus you gain the flexibility of playing audio from an iPod, USB stick, or simple L/R aux. input.

• 1 month later...

Is this group purchase still active?

If you have miles of patience get the Denision, if you want something that just works get the Mobridge unit (www.mobridge-usa.com) I have a group buy in progress on the rennlist Cayenne board $499 to members

Mike

For the CDR23, I would recommend the Dension Gateway 500 unit as well. Done a few of these and they work well. Plus you gain the flexibility of playing audio from an iPod, USB stick, or simple L/R aux. input.

Not sure. Could always check and ask. I installed my mobridge friday, and it sounds good. I'm a bit irritated about the input method; either i'm retarded or you can't easily skip around songs inside playlists. I can skip songs easily from the "all songs" settings, but it's like pulling teeth to figure out how when you're playing the song list. I'll post pictures tomorrow.

Its limited by the PCM software, it does take a little getting used to but the great sound makes it worth it.

Not sure. Could always check and ask. I installed my mobridge friday, and it sounds good. I'm a bit irritated about the input method; either i'm retarded or you can't easily skip around songs inside playlists. I can skip songs easily from the "all songs" settings, but it's like pulling teeth to figure out how when you're playing the song list. I'll post pictures tomorrow.

The Dension GW500 I put in a friend's Carrera with CDr23 radio last month is working well, too. So there are some options out there.

With any MOST-iPod solution, the navigation of the iPod will be limited by the radio interface.

• 1 year later...