Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

i looked but got stumped..SUNROOF

soo... i tried the teach function on the sunroof several times... both by pressing the up button and the open button... but its seems to "forget" within 30sec!!

the only way to get the SR to move is to press either the close or the up button... which will BOTH make the roof go into the full up position...stop.. move forward and back about 5mm and then stop...still in the up position

then i can use the open button and the one touch again... but once i do either and move the SR... i have to repeat the process.

could this be one of the position sensors (?) if so how do i replace, adjust these?

thanks again

Rod

99 C2 (91000km)

Edited by silver_6r

• 3 weeks later...
Have you tried cleaning the sunroof slide rails?

Sometimes sticky rails can cause erratic actions.

i did last year... but maybe its time for a more thorough cleaning...

will update after cleaning....

no success....still losing the memory after 10seconds... anymore ideas... where exactly are these limiting sensors (HALL type i believe) and how do I replace them... if I even can?

I cant find them ony any tech documents...

Edited by silver_6r

If you can find someone with a PST2 or PIWIS there is a test you can run that will tell you if the switches are working right.

If the switches are working then, it either has to be the motor or wiring.

my guess is going to be the motor...do you know where the memory is actually stored for the SR positions?

Edited by silver_6r