Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

why cant i hear my turbos

uwich

ok i have a 2002 996 tt i have cargraphic exxhaust and ecu flashed bm short shifter k24 turbos gt2 intercoolers i cant hear my turbos at any time i see vidoes of other porsches and thee turbos sound like jet engines and im really upset my car doesnt sound like that is it my exuast or what even at dead stop reving the engine i cant hear them whats the deal plz help ty :P

You wont here them just stationary reving the engine (neither do i) but i suspect as you have a 'louder' exhaust on your vehicle than standard, that may cloak the noise. I dont hear mine much either when i open the taps, a slight whistle but thats about it. Remember the turbo's cloak the noise of the 'true' flat 6 and your 'loud' exhaust is probably masking the turbo whistle. These cars arent Subaru's or EVO's with loud dump valves etc etc, these are refined cars........

Incidentally, are you hitting your boost pressure???

my car doesnt sound like that is it my exuast or what even at dead stop reving the engine i cant hear them whats the deal plz help ty :P

You're kidding right. I sure hope so. Do you understand how your turbos work? Your turbos will not produce boost when revving the engine at a stop...watch your boost gage next time.

yes i know turbos wont spool at a dead stop but i see videos of guys just reving there engines and you can hear them but to answer your question of boost im getting 0.9 but i still need to recalibrate ecu for 1.1 but other then that im good to go

maybe it is my exuast it is loud should i go with diff exuast ? or should i put a diff air filter setup mine is still stock the guy who did my car said it was awaste of time so i left it stock plz help ty

I have the Europipe setup, and between 3000 and 5000 rpm, I can hear the turbos whistling....but the Europipe isn't really a loud system, I think WOT is 103db....so the comment about your exhaust system masking the sound could have merit. I'm running stock everything except Diverter Valves on an X50.