Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

She is Far Away From Home

Taking your 986 on a very curvy 101 Pacific Coast Highway can be a very exciting thing!

Once you put your Hand on a small leather wrapped steering wheel, sun is shinning down on U, pacific coast breeze on your face, beautiful girl next to U,,,,,

Is there anything better in the world? HAHA

Gold Beach. OR

post-23680-1204236594_thumb.jpg

Fort Bragg. CA

post-23680-1204233625_thumb.jpg

post-23680-1204235744_thumb.jpg

Taking your 986 on a very curvy 101 Pacific Coast Highway can be a very exciting thing!

Once you put your Hand on a small leather wrapped steering wheel, sun is shinning down on U, pacific coast breeze on your face, beautiful girl next to U,,,,,

Is there anything better in the world? HAHA

Beautiful photos!

I see the custom subwoofer enclosure in the first shot. Very Nice!

Regards, Maurice.

cool pics!

i don't understand what the front LEDs are for, though. i think you mentioned it in another post, but i'm lazy. ;)

do the LEDs do anything (flash with turn signal, etc.)? do you have a switch in the car to turn them on/off? if so, can you post a picture of the switch?

that sub looks like it puts out a lot of bass. i may have mentioned before that i like it, but that i think it would take up too much room for me. did you do it yourself or buy it ready-to-go? how much was it?

cool pics!

i don't understand what the front LEDs are for, though. i think you mentioned it in another post, but i'm lazy. ;)

do the LEDs do anything (flash with turn signal, etc.)? do you have a switch in the car to turn them on/off? if so, can you post a picture of the switch?

that sub looks like it puts out a lot of bass. i may have mentioned before that i like it, but that i think it would take up too much room for me. did you do it yourself or buy it ready-to-go? how much was it?

ok, thanks for not answering. you forced me to search for your LED post. ;)

http://www.renntech.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=18042

so know i see why you did it. i do kinda like it, and it does kinda look 997 turbo-ish. i think that you should disable the headlight pod turn signals (or just remove the bulbs) and make the LEDs flash for turn signals. that would be awesome! and it should be pretty easy to do!

but i am still interested in knowing about your sub. maybe i should search for that too. ;)

You are welcome Chris, haha

Yes my sub puts out massive bass for a 8inch . I fabricated from the scratch.

Im about 6 feet and it doesnt get in my way at all.

cool pics!

ok, thanks for not answering. you forced me to search for your LED post. ;)

http://www.renntech.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=18042

so know i see why you did it. i do kinda like it, and it does kinda look 997 turbo-ish. i think that you should disable the headlight pod turn signals (or just remove the bulbs) and make the LEDs flash for turn signals. that would be awesome! and it should be pretty easy to do!

but i am still interested in knowing about your sub. maybe i should search for that too. ;)

can you tell me (us) how you fabricated the subwoofer enclosure/mount? can you post some other (interior) pics of it? i'm curious to see the rest of it, how you mounted it to the armrest/rear firewall, quality of construction, etc. ;)

also, what do you think about making the LEDs flash instead of the turn signals?

also also, what do you think about the LED tail lights i asked you about in this thread?

http://www.renntech.org/forums/index.php?s...ost&p=95568

you are a tough guy to get answers out of. ;)

Edited by Chris_in_NH

They look pretty cool- at least the best virsion of LED's out there available. I almost bought those tail lights, before I customized mine. since us having a black car I would probablly smoke the whole thing.

my sub enclosure is 100% fiberglass built. First u will need to form the back panel, since rear engine cover has a little contour to it.

then build U a speaker/pod ring stablize it, by using some sort of stretch meterial(fabric) , sevral coats of fiber resin , bondo,sand,paint,mount the sub!

go search 1 of my topic New Stereo System Upgrade,,, a few photos there. Let me know if u have any further question

by the way front led's flashing idea was a good one, I'm kinda debating.

can you tell me (us) how you fabricated the subwoofer enclosure/mount? can you post some other (interior) pics of it? i'm curious to see the rest of it, how you mounted it to the armrest/rear firewall, quality of construction, etc. ;)

also, what do you think about making the LEDs flash instead of the turn signals?

also also, what do you think about the LED tail lights i asked you about in this thread?

They look pretty cool- at least the best virsion of LED's out there available. I almost bought those tail lights, before I customized mine. since us having a black car I would probablly smoke the whole thing.

my sub enclosure is 100% fiberglass built. First u will need to form the back panel, since rear engine cover has a little contour to it.

then build U a speaker/pod ring stablize it, by using some sort of stretch meterial(fabric) , sevral coats of fiber resin , bondo,sand,paint,mount the sub!

go search 1 of my topic New Stereo System Upgrade,,, a few photos there. Let me know if u have any further question

by the way front led's flashing idea was a good one, I'm kinda debating.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So I guess I was screwed by this guy. I gave him my stock tail lights with the promiss that he would install my rear window in Feb I purchased from him. Long story short no word or anything. I guess I should have known better. Here is the most recent contact I had with him. I have since emailed him and PM'd him a number of times...........

Personal Message

juniinc

View Member Profile

Add as Friend

Send Message

Add to PM block list

Forward PM

Find Member's Topics

Find Member's Posts

Re:JP, Mar 31 2008, 01:11 PM

Contributing Member

Group: Contributing Members

Member No.: 23,680

JP give me a couple of days to consider.

then I'll do it either way

thanks

how much u want for ur tails?

Hay man I was trying to get a hlod of you to see when you can do my rear window. If not you can just paypal me the money for the tail lights. I hope all is well take care.

Josh

The 100 like we talked about before is fine. I think you have my email but if not my paypal email is:

Thanks

Josh

Edited by JP-"S"

So I guess I was screwed by this guy. I gave him my stock tail lights with the promiss that he would install my rear window in Feb I purchased from him. Long story short no word or anything. I guess I should have known better. Here is the most recent contact I had with him. I have since emailed him and PM'd him a number of times...........

i doubt you're getting screwed. juniinc is fairly active on this board and i doubt he would risk public humiliation by screwing another member, especially if he is selling products.

i do hope everything works out for you. :)

if it doesn't, please let us know.

I would wait a little longer to determine if you were screwed or not. I ordered a new plastic rear window from him as well and it took him forever to respond to my email. I gave him money by paypal about a week ago and still no window. It's only going from Seattle to Calgary so it shouldn't be much longer. I'll let you know next week when it comes. Juniinc has been very active on this board and I don't think he's trying to screw anyone...I'm guessing he's just busy and hasn't logged on to the board for a few days.