Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Replica Wheels (Porsche Technique)

Has anyone bought these? I know they're cheap and you get what you pay for. But, I'm not rich and I can't beat the price. I don't mind if they're a little heavy. I'm installing the Upsolute chip and Fabspeed pipes next week and can accept a little extra weight with the extra power I'll be making.

http://www.discounttire.com/dtcs/findWheel...1&tc=REPCAT

I have the same 20" verson, but would like to upgrade. Mostley due to the filling of the wheel wells more. According to my calculations, the wheel face will set 22.7 mm farther out at the front and 39.7mm farther out at the rear with the 17mm OEM spacers I've ordered.

What size tires have people been running with the 22" wheels? What's the largest that'll fit without rubbing and screwing with the computer?

matt

Edited by AVIA8R

Matt -

You are spending money on chipping the engine and changing the exhaust but then putting on cheap replica wheels? Aside from the weight eating up the power you might be getting and the negative effect on handling, there is a safety issue. These are cheap knock off wheels. Unless the entire exercise is for Bling (and I am not criticizing Bling), put the chip money into the rims.

Yup, I agree with dan, don't waste money on cheap knock offs for wheels. You will regret it down the road. Seems like you have an interest in making your Cayenne faster, not heavier. Quality, lighter weight wheels will make a noticable difference you can feel! Don't risk a cracked rim at 100mph!

Matt -

You are spending money on chipping the engine and changing the exhaust but then putting on cheap replica wheels? Aside from the weight eating up the power you might be getting and the negative effect on handling, there is a safety issue. These are cheap knock off wheels. Unless the entire exercise is for Bling (and I am not criticizing Bling), put the chip money into the rims.

Yup, I agree with dan, don't waste money on cheap knock offs for wheels. You will regret it down the road. Seems like you have an interest in making your Cayenne faster, not heavier. Quality, lighter weight wheels will make a noticable difference you can feel! Don't risk a cracked rim at 100mph!

Matt -

I appreciate everyone's feedback. I'm going to think about it some more.

Again, thanks everyone!

Matt

Has anyone bought these? I know they're cheap and you get what you pay for. But, I'm not rich and I can't beat the price. I don't mind if they're a little heavy. I'm installing the Upsolute chip and Fabspeed pipes next week and can accept a little extra weight with the extra power I'll be making.

I have the same 20" verson, but would like to upgrade. Mostley due to the filling of the wheel wells more. According to my calculations, the wheel face will set 22.7 mm farther out at the front and 39.7mm farther out at the rear with the 17mm OEM spacers I've ordered.

What size tires have people been running with the 22" wheels? What's the largest that'll fit without rubbing and screwing with the computer?

matt

Hey Matt, I'd have to agree with the other guys. I had 22" Giovannas a few years back that went all to crap (severe vibrations and then cracking), and those were strictly for the "bling" factor. I've since paid a premium for forged wheels that I've had twice as long with no problems, even after the inevitable curb rash on 3 of them. So to say the least, invest in the wheels or keep them stock; OEM Cayenne wheels are unbeatable.

Let me know how the Fabspeed pipes work out. I'm interested in getting those.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the 22" replicas with Toyo ST Proxy 295/30/22 and there is nothing wrong with these wheels. I have had HRE, Iforged, Moda, OZ's etc and it makes no difference. If you hit a pot hole they all will bend. My CTTS handles better with the 22's and they are no heavier than the stock 20's. Don't think you have to spend 6-8k on wheels, because you don't.

• 2 weeks later...
I have the 22" replicas with Toyo ST Proxy 295/30/22 and there is nothing wrong with these wheels. I have had HRE, Iforged, Moda, OZ's etc and it makes no difference. If you hit a pot hole they all will bend. My CTTS handles better with the 22's and they are no heavier than the stock 20's. Don't think you have to spend 6-8k on wheels, because you don't.

Couldnt agree more. If wheels have been TUV certified I dont see why they should be necessarily inferior...aside from perceived superiority you get in justifying the extra $$$ shelled out for non-reps....

• 2 months later...

I have etabeta tettsut's 22"x10" with Toyo Proxes ST 295/30 on it - upgrade from OEM Techno 20" with 275/40 - and I have to say it didn't take a week to get curb rash on all my wheels, and I never had this problem with the 20" OEM's (more tyre protection). Ride comfort is not notably different (air suspension) on belgian blocks. More precise steering however. Agree with the TUV approval, but the curb rash is annoying. If anyone can recommend a tyre over the 295/30 Toyo Proxes ST with some more sidewall, I'll be thankful.

Oh, and the 295 width over 275 also partially annihilated my power advantage from the chip upgrade (480hp).

Cheers, G.

Couldnt agree more. If wheels have been TUV certified I dont see why they should be necessarily inferior...aside from perceived superiority you get in justifying the extra $$$ shelled out for non-reps....

• 1 year later...

so did you try to fix the bent wheels or just replace them?

just found out one of the factory 20" on my ctt was bent. wondering what i should do

• 3 months later...

matt

I read through the comments...I clicked the link and it looks like 295.00 per wheel. What is a factory replacement? Unless the factory wheels are forged and the 295.00 arent, wouldnt it make sense to try them out? Likely the only issue is german made versus china unless there are major differences in strength...if you want strength, buy steel wheels?

I've had the aftermarket wheels for almost 2 years with no issues. They still look great and have held up as good as any OEM wheel I've had. I would recommend them to anyone. Also, if you're interested in the 20" version of these wheeks, I still have them with tires mounted. I haven't had the time to put them on Ebay.