Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

01 Cab Top Won't Close

I left the top down on my 01 Cab last nite and went to close it this morning to go to work. I pull up the emergency brake, the light (fro the ebrake) goes on in the dash. I press the button to close the top, the windows roll down, then I hear a click and the light in the dash blinks (for the top)...

I check the fuse, and I checked to make sure the hood wasn't left half open (weird thing is I had the front hood open to put stuff in prior to starting the car) - still the same thing happens....

Any ideas on what else to check before having to take it to the dealer? I remember reading stuff about this but my searches come up empty!

THanks in advance,

Will

The rear housing doesn't lift ....after the windows do there thing, I hear a click from behind the dash, and then the light in the dash starts blinking....

And yes, I'm trying to close the top from the open position....

Thanks,

Will

That is what I was afriad of. Sounds like a dealer required assistance. Maybe TP or Loren are familiar with this? Usually the problem is the other direction (top won't open all the way since the housing gets caught on the flaps). First time I have heard this one. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Will,

I had the same problem on one of my previous cars. The problem was a microswitch that senses "window down". The complete process was aborted because the system was thinking the windows where not down ...

Eddy

I just got home and tried the entire process again with the windows up. Its starts off with the windows coming down, but they don't come down all the way...and then the light in the dash starts blinking....when I press the button again, then the windows go down the rest of the way, but then the light in the dash continues to blink....

Hopefully that gives some more information!

THanks,

Will

Coupla things to try.

Start you engine while operating the top.

Make certain you are on a level and flat surface before operaing the top.

Try opening and closing the engine bay lid. This may sound crazy but it

did it for me once.

Pull the handbreak up at least two notches.

Ensure the two flaps at the side are not stuck.

Try reseating the relays in the fuse bay area.

meter check the fuses.

Does the top move at all?

Does the top compartment lid above the engine lift up in readiness to

dispell or accept the top?

Dos the top motor sound at all? even if it sounds distressed.

Thanks for the advice....I pretty much tried each of the things except to voltmeter test the fuses...I only eyed them to make sure they weren't visibly broken.

But I'll try it all again tomorrow....and see what happens...or else its the trip to the dealer next week!

Thanks,

Will

No luck with the suggestion - even if the windows are all the way down it still doesn't want to close. So I went into the owners manual and dug out the section to manually open the rear lid...once I did that, the top closed fine....so at least now I can take it to the dealer and have them figure it out!

Thanks again for everyone's help!

Will