Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Name this wiring harness

I have a '99 C2 Cab. My cruise control has not worked since I bought my car. I dug under the dash today to see if the brake switch was working properly. It seems to be fine, but while under the dash, I found a wiring harness that wasn't connected to anything. Here are a few pictures (not very good due to the fact that I have to stand on my head to get under the dash). Any help what this is? Thanks.

post-17221-1206492273_thumb.jpgpost-17221-1206492329_thumb.jpgpost-17221-1206492368_thumb.jpg

Will

I can't see any of the wire colors to verify but it sure looks like the connector that plugs into the cruise control controller box.

Thanks, Loren. After posting this, I found a post by Richard Hamilton with a picture of the cruise control connector. I just went out and crawled back under the dash and felt under until I found the pins for the connector. Plugged it back in and now the cruise light comes on. I will test it out for functionallity tomorrow. Thanks!!

Will

I can't see any of the wire colors to verify but it sure looks like the connector that plugs into the cruise control controller box.

Thanks, Loren. After posting this, I found a post by Richard Hamilton with a picture of the cruise control connector. I just went out and crawled back under the dash and felt under until I found the pins for the connector. Plugged it back in and now the cruise light comes on. I will test it out for functionallity tomorrow. Thanks!!

Will

Cruise works fine now. I had this car at the dealer for some other things last summer and asked them to take a look at why the cruise wasn't working. They said they looked and didn't see anything, but it was probably related to a bad ignition and they wouldn't run any furter tests unless they replaced the ignition. Of course they would only install the new style ignition to the tune of $500. I said no thanks and replaced the ignition myself with the old style $10 ignition and it made no change. Apparently they didn't even look at the cruise or surely they would have seen this wiring harness just hanging there! Sorry to vent, but once again this website has saved the day and a bunch of money!!

Will