Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

• 3 weeks later...

GT3 is the best, cheap light and adjustable ... and OEM link will fit on the rear, not the front one, you have to cut 40mm to fit. I use my homemade one for quite a while (even on track ... perfect) and finish to buy some from Tarett. Cheers.

Edited by mapoune

We tried to get an OEM GT3 rear sway to fit my 997S and it would not. So we went with H&R and GT3 front, which required new drop links. Trying to figure out if the stiffer H&R sway is contributing to the back end moving around left / right during hard braking and cornering...

This is weird, I just install mine without a problem, you just need to replace all the bushing: front and rear because not the same diameter. I setup mine on Front: 2 and Rear:2 Same than GT3 but had to change to Rear:1 because of Tail Happy. If I got wider tyres I will go back to 2. I will try to send you a picture of the GT3 Rear Sway on my 997S. About your tail happy car, it is the contrary, if you rear is stiffer, it will increase this effect. You have to soften the back. Also very important, tyres pressures, you might have too much pressure on the rear. To setup the sway bar you do not need to drive like crazy, even at slow speed you can feel it. At the moment, my car is very neutral I do not have any problem slowing down from 220km/h to 70km/h in 100m and taking a 90 degree turn. Full brake in the straight and a sligh breaking during the turn just to put grip on the front wheel.

Edited by mapoune

• 3 weeks later...
Hi,

Last two pictures.

Paul

I'm just wondering if an alignment and wheel balance need to be done after installing new or different sway bars??? My mechanic said yes - after installing GT3 bars/links f&R.........

I have my car set up with the maximum caster. Ask your mechanic the

same question with maximum caster. The ball joints on the drop links

do not exert any pressure on the sway bar or the suspension

connection. Maybe the GT-3 bars are different. Maybe the

GT-3 drop links are different.

Paul

Hi,

Last two pictures.

Paul

I'm just wondering if an alignment and wheel balance need to be done after installing new or different sway bars??? My mechanic said yes - after installing GT3 bars/links f&R.........

Hi Paul, All,

Thanks for this interesting topic. I recently purchased the H&R front and rear sway bars for my 997C2S, and plan on having them installed at a local shop.

I read something in this topic on the additional needed hardware.

Is this only needed for the GT3 sway bar or also for the H&R, the reason for asking is that the H&R's came without any additional hardware at all....

Thanks, Pete

Hi,

Yes you need drop links. The link below shows pictures of my install.

https://www.millaracing.com/products.php?ma...cts_id=631&

If you use the stock drop links, There will be alot of noise when you go over bumps. The adjustables make

some noise when in a netreul setting. adding a little height to the right or left will

reduce the noise completly. The car will have a very little tendency to turn in a direction.

Good luck with the front sway bar. Expect to pay alot of money to install the front.

Paul

Hi,

Yes you need drop links. The link below shows pictures of my install.

https://www.millaracing.com/products.php?ma...cts_id=631&

If you use the stock drop links, There will be alot of noise when you go over bumps. The adjustables make

some noise when in a netreul setting. adding a little height to the right or left will

reduce the noise completly. The car will have a very little tendency to turn in a direction.

Good luck with the front sway bar. Expect to pay alot of money to install the front.

Paul

Hi Paul,

Thanks so much for the help.

Pete :renntech: