Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Installed aftermarket TPMS - Check it out

I installed an aftermarket TPMS from Orange Electronics. I love it. The display actually matches the factory dash...silver boarder with a black inner area. Check out the pics. I like the unit because it constantly shows the pressure, or temperature or both (cycle), of all tires all the time. The digits actually turn red when the preset low or high pressure is hit (or high temp).

I had to disassemble the unit and modify the casing to flush mounth the unit. But, it was well worth the effort. It look factory. :D

I used a bolt under the center area for ground and the far left wire in a 5 wire-wire harness that's located directly beneath the TPMS. Be sure to use the far left, not the right. The right one will be on when ACC is on, but will go off when the brake is depressed. It's the signal that tells the shifter that the brake is depressed.

Matt

post-5111-1207793138_thumb.png

Edited by AVIA8R

• 1 month later...
I installed an aftermarket TPMS from Orange Electronics. I love it. The display actually matches the factory dash...silver boarder with a black inner area. Check out the pics. I like the unit because it constantly shows the pressure, or temperature or both (cycle), of all tires all the time. The digits actually turn red when the preset low or high pressure is hit (or high temp).

I had to disassemble the unit and modify the casing to flush mounth the unit. But, it was well worth the effort. It look factory. :D

I used a bolt under the center area for ground and the far left wire in a 5 wire-wire harness that's located directly beneath the TPMS. Be sure to use the far left, not the right. The right one will be on when ACC is on, but will go off when the brake is depressed. It's the signal that tells the shifter that the brake is depressed.

Matt

Looks great! Very nicely added.

• 1 month later...

Matt

I also bought one Orange TPMS from US Auto Parts. I found US Auto Parts sells the cheapest TPMS. For other brand, I found most of the internal units are more than $200. This one is only $170. More importantly, it's universal for all passenger car models. I I think it's worthy and cheap for me.

Orange TPMS is easy to install. Only need to install sensors and plug in the cigar jet. Then the little kit works. Unlike most of other TPMS, they need some extra cable. Not friendly enough. Moreover, Orange unit tested in many racing car (Formula Renault, Honda Le-Manz 24 hrs) I like speed so much, I was wondering if the speed goes too high and it doesn't work. It seems speed not a problem for it.

Continental Tire mentioned TPMS can reduce fuel consumption. It’s a great info for me. I saw the crude gasoline has been $140 today. I need to drive 2 hrs per day. Saving fuel consumption is also a good news for me.

Also, I heard that flat tire is the biggest reason of non-human factor accident. Watching my tire is another reason I need TPMS.

So, I personally recommend to get one Orange TPMS from US Auto Parts. You can also find one there. (http://www.usautoparts.net/catalog/?N=0&am...p;x=35&y=20).

Some pictures when I open the box.

post-32900-1214904182_thumb.jpg

Edited by kimoxbibo

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

I also got one Orange TPMS from Myers, and they are really cheaper than others but have same quality as OE's sensors.

I indeed recemmend its TPMS, and I heared that Orange's TPMS won SEMA award and got lots of certifications.

Besides, it is the only TPMS manufacture to enter international racing competition such as C1 super cup,Renault Formula Open 2000,Le-Mans 24 hr ..et

you can ask those from Myers~

• 3 months later...
...So, I personally recommend to get one Orange TPMS from US Auto Parts. You can also find one there. (http://www.usautoparts.net/catalog/?N=0&am...p;x=35&y=20).

I just please an order for one from the followin link: US Auto Parts but its description says its application is for Lexus IS350... did i order the correct one?

Edited by Mokeylock

...So, I personally recommend to get one Orange TPMS from US Auto Parts. You can also find one there. (http://www.usautoparts.net/catalog/?N=0&am...p;x=35&y=20).

I just please an order for one from the followin link: US Auto Parts but its description says its application is for Lexus IS350... did i order the correct one?

Just found the correct one: TPMS for Cayenne

Mockeylock....Now there's a name that's a blast from the past from my VW days....

With regard to the Pressure monitor - massive props an a job well done. I wonder, have you had a chance to check the pressure with a gauge to see how accurate the display is?

Edited by Gary H

Mockeylock....Now there's a name that's a blast from the past from my VW days....

With regard to the Pressure monitor - massive props an a job well done. I wonder, have you had a chance to check the pressure with a gauge to see how accurate the display is?

Hi mate, small world huh? good to see you on this forum. I still got the trusty VW in the UK but I moved to Yemen around two years back and got a Cayenne S 08 at the moment. Hope to see you around ;)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...