Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Mods to Date

-19 inch Rims (R 275/35/19 F 235/30/19)

-Rear Wing Spoiler

-Silver Painted Interior Parts

>Center Console

>Arm rest

>Dash trims

-Smoked Tail Lights

-DVD Navigation w/ rearview camera

-Convertible parking bypass

-Blue L.E.D. instrument gauges

-Red brake calipers

-Tinted side windows and windscreen

-Aluminum foot pedals

post-25824-1209244324_thumb.jpg

post-25824-1209244338_thumb.jpg

post-25824-1209244404_thumb.jpg

post-25824-1209244445_thumb.jpg

post-25824-1209244486_thumb.jpg

post-25824-1209244577_thumb.jpg

post-25824-1209244607_thumb.jpg

post-25824-1209244739_thumb.jpg

Edited by trieullionaire

trieullionaire - Where did you get the rear spoiler?

She is a beaty!!! :D

Got them from www.fiberwerks.com. It took me a while to find this spoiler when I was shopping for one. There were a couple other ones I was considering. I think it looks great because it kinda integrate with the contour of the car from the side and rear pretty well, and my OEM rear spoiler still functional when I hit 75 mph.

• Admin

-Rear Wing Spoiler

>Center Console

>Arm rest

>Dash trims

-Smoked Tail Lights

-Red brake calipers

-Aluminum foot pedals

Nice pics but that is what the Registry is for... ;)

-Rear Wing Spoiler

>Center Console

>Arm rest

>Dash trims

-Smoked Tail Lights

-Red brake calipers

-Aluminum foot pedals

Nice pics but that is what the Registry is for... ;)

Never even knew about the Registry. Just saw that hyperlink next to your screen name, good point mate! Will have to check it out.

-Rear Wing Spoiler

>Center Console

>Arm rest

>Dash trims

-Smoked Tail Lights

-Red brake calipers

-Aluminum foot pedals

Very nice!

What are your rim widths and offsets (good clearance?) and are the silver dash parts tequipment, aftermarket, or did you have them painted?

Many will not believe me when I say this, but the wider tires enhance the overall feel of the drive. My car drives smoother & quieter with the new rims & tires as opposed to factory ones. As far as clearance, all that is needed is 1-2 mm in the wheel well. I used 6mm spacers in the rear plus added longer tire bolts to get a few more threads to bit. Had them now for 4 months now, zero issues.

I took all the parts & sanded it down with 440 grit sandpaper, then washed/ dried it & wiped with a tacky clothe to remove any dust or small debris. I then had my brother primed & painted it. There's a thin layer of primer & metallic paint and 4-5 coats of clear gloss enamel for maximum strength & durability. My brother baked all the parts for 2 sunny days straight to have everything dry to the core. Very labor intensive- for all the parts we did, you're looking at a good 4-5 days (dissemble, prep, paint, cure, reassemble). But with all hard work, you get to enjoy the fruits of your labor afterwards (can't say I speak for my brother, lol)!

440 sandpaper

tacky clothe

Primer spray can

Rustoleum Plastic spray can-Metallic

Enamel Polyurethane Clear Coat spray can- Glossy Finish

$30-$40 bucks

Edited by trieullionaire

Hey trieullionaire

Where did you purchase the LEDs from?

I spotted these on ebay and liked the looks of them...just don't know about the quality <_< though for that price...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...898704&rd=1

Yeah I bought mine from Zomk Speed on Ebay. It's actually pretty affordable, $156.00 I think. So far no problems, I get a lot of people telling me the lights are extremely bright when I step on the brakes. I bought mine because one of my originals had a big crack in it, and so decided to look at some alternatives.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/97-04-PORSC...99207QQtcZphoto

• 2 weeks later...
Yeah I bought mine from Zomk Speed on Ebay. It's actually pretty affordable, $156.00 I think. So far no problems, I get a lot of people telling me the lights are extremely bright when I step on the brakes. I bought mine because one of my originals had a big crack in it, and so decided to look at some alternatives.

Do these come with the leds or do you have to get them separately?

Thanks,

azzar0.

• 2 years later...

I am very seriously considering buying these, and was wondering if anyone could post a video of them testing out all of the lights on them, so that I could get a feel for what they look like to decide if they are what I want. I really want it to look as stock as possible, but want LED's.

Hey trieullionaire

I spotted these on ebay and liked the looks of them...just don't know about the quality <_< though for that price...

Did you use any resistors on any of the tail lights? If so, how many ohms and where at?

Edited by Kojiro

• 3 weeks later...

Hey trieullionaire

Did you use any resistors on any of the tail lights? If so, how many ohms and where at?

+1