Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

A question of asthetics.. PSE

If they give you good performance (but you don't know what it felt like with the stock pipes) and/or great sound compared to stock Boxsters, then keep 'em. However, I don't think they are atrtractive.

I like to ask myself a question like "If this was a stock OEM system, and someone came along with a mod that looked the way that a stock Box exhaust actually looks, would everyone want to get it just because it was different?".

Personally I like the sleek unemcumbered look. However, I do like the duel pipe extension on the S which says "duel exhaust", which it actually is. The Box is probably the only car in the world that converts duels to single exhaust while every other car is taking a single pipe and spliting it to look like duel exhaust!!!!!!!!!!!

Bob

I have a Maxspeed one that was on there before but I got a good deal on this PSE so I went with it - much better on the resonance. However, I was never able to experience it with the top down. I was in the middle of selling the Maxspeed but now I may put it back and get diffusers instead which I really like the looks of.

The other thought I had was to get hi temp paint and put that on the pipes.

I have too much time on my hands today. I did a further retouch to convert this photo to just a twin pipe that is much like an S stock setup. It's all just a matter of opinion and taste. You probably shouldn't listen to us. Just look at the pics and apply your personal taste.

Bob

post-20545-1209739477_thumb.jpg

Thanks Bob, that helped. I figure if I have to try this hard to convince myself that it looks good to me then I really don't like it. Mind you I didn't know when I got it that the pipes would interfere with putting diffusers on there.

I am going to sell this one and put the new Dansk on it instead.

Chris

Thanks Bob, that helped. I figure if I have to try this hard to convince myself that it looks good to me then I really don't like it. Mind you I didn't know when I got it that the pipes would interfere with putting diffusers on there.

Chris

Chris ~

Will you be doing the full Dansk system incl headers? In any event, please come back to this thread when you're done to describe sound and performance changes.

Bob

Chris

+1 for the PSE!

Let me know if you decide to sell either of them, I have the stock Boxster muffler and either your Maxspeed or the PSE sound and look better than mine. I just can't convince myself to spend $600 or $1200 on an exhaust.

All the best,

Gus

Edited by gandrade1

Chris

How many miles are on the exhaust? What do you want for it?

Chris ~

Will you be doing the full Dansk system incl headers? In any event, please come back to this thread when you're done to describe sound and performance changes.

Bob

I already have Maxspeed headers and the EVO intake installed. The sound right now is awesome and there is a definite improvement in the butt-dyno.

The Danks is supposed to have the same sound as the PSE without any of the controls.

Chris

I have a Maxspeed one that was on there before but I got a good deal on this PSE so I went with it - much better on the resonance. However, I was never able to experience it with the top down. I was in the middle of selling the Maxspeed but now I may put it back and get diffusers instead which I really like the looks of.

The other thought I had was to get hi temp paint and put that on the pipes.

Well, you know my opinion (from the other forum). I like it. It was in the car when I bought her, but I keep getting compliments on it. So, for me, it is a keeper. :thumbup:

But, as a black exhaust... that really would be different.

Edited by LowFlyR

I painted the bumperettes and it does look much better now. She's staying on!

Chris

I thought you might change your mind. That exhaust really looks nice. Post up some more current pictures.

Jon