Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

You are invited to a Work on Cars Day

We are trying to set this now - expect a date 4-6 weeks out... more to come.

Just a suggestion.... maybe in the future we could schedule a WOCD to coincide with the Euro Sunday meets in Sacramento. I drive down about 2 hours, so this would be cool for me (more to make my trip worthwhile). Those meets usually run from 8AM to 10AM. Maybe we could meet up for an early breakfast, caravan over to the Euro Sunday show (it's free and fun), show of our most excellent Porsches, check out the other cars, and then have the WOCD afterward. The next Euro Sunday isn't 4-6 weeks out though, it's June 28th.

Kirk

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We need to schedule a WOCD. I picked up a project car just for the WOCD. :P My newer Porsches don't have enough projects, so I got one that does need some work. It's a '72 914. Here are some pics:

CIMG6894a.jpg

CIMG6895a.jpg

CIMG6885a.jpg

Now let's get the WOCD setup! :thumbup: I think that Loren is an expert on 914's :notworthy: , so I'm hoping he can give me a lot of help and pointers with my new car.

Kirk

• 3 weeks later...
We need to schedule a WOCD. I picked up a project car just for the WOCD. :P My newer Porsches don't have enough projects, so I got one that does need some work. It's a '72 914. Here are some pics:

Now let's get the WOCD setup! :thumbup: I think that Loren is an expert on 914's :notworthy: , so I'm hoping he can give me a lot of help and pointers with my new car.

Kirk

:P It's been WOCM (Work On Cars Month) for me, ever since I got this 914. I start an MBA program at Chico State next week so I've been struggling to try to get the car in great running condition before then. The car runs good now, it just overheats and has an oil leak from the trans. I've been working on it just about every night. My wife doesn't want me to touch her anymore because the grease under my fingernails is imbeded and I can't get it all out! :D My transmission is laying on the floor in my garage waiting for me to put new seals in it tomorrow night. What a headache!!! But at the same time, what GREAT FUN!!! I'm really beginning to love this old car. :rolleyes: Can't wait for the next WOCD. I'm sure I'll have a ton of projects....

Kirk

Hey guys, sorry for the silence... Loren, Chuck and I came up with a date we thought would work. I think Loren was going to post it soon. (I think it may be Sept 12th) but we'll keep you posted.

BTW, very cool project! I remember those cars... I built a similar car back when I was about 20. Great little car, and wish I still had it.

David