Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Removing the Hazard switch question

Hello once again,

My Emergency Flasher light bulb does not work any more (might never have worked because I'm never used it before yesterday). The outside lights flash okay, it is the blub inside the Emergency Flasher button that does not work. I've looked in the Search and the only thing that comes up is talking about the OBC 'mod' and how to remove the Hazard Switch Surround.

My Question is, how does one get the Hazard Switch out of the dash? I've done the OBC 'mod', so getting the switch surround off is no problem, but I can't get the switch to budge. I'm thinking that I need to get the complete switch out in order to get the light bulb out? Also, can I get the light bulb from Radio Shack or just the Dealer?

Thanks for any help,

First you press the hazard button.... itll then stick out enough for you to pull the black button off, Once that is off you will see the switch inside the dash... Squeeze the 2 tabs on the side of the switch while pulling the switch out with needle nose pliers... Make sure the switch is in the ON position when you pull it out because if you pull it while in the off position you could break it.

First you press the hazard button.... itll then stick out enough for you to pull the black button off, Once that is off you will see the switch inside the dash... Squeeze the 2 tabs on the side of the switch while pulling the switch out with needle nose pliers... Make sure the switch is in the ON position when you pull it out because if you pull it while in the off position you could break it.

Thanks CJ_Boxster, That sound easy enough. I thought I'd have to pull the gage (dash) off again to get the mian switch out of there.