Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Cayenne Turbo performance mods

Hi guys I'm currently in the process of modifying my Cayenne Turbo S and wondered if any of you had any tips or ideas. I have already planned a bodykit but was wondering which is the best exhaust to go for? Im also on the hunt for more power so any help there would also be apprieciated. On the subject of bodykits does anyone know where the best place to purchase a Techart Magnum bodykit would be.

Any help would be apprieciated.

thanks

Hi guys I'm currently in the process of modifying my Cayenne Turbo S and wondered if any of you had any tips or ideas. I have already planned a bodykit but was wondering which is the best exhaust to go for? Im also on the hunt for more power so any help there would also be apprieciated. On the subject of bodykits does anyone know where the best place to purchase a Techart Magnum bodykit would be.

thanks

More power? I'd guess chipping the ECM would improve what you're looking for; I'd expect exhaust and intake to be fairly free-flowing already. Either way, I'd suggest you get the intake/exhaust swapped before you get the computer modifications.

Personally? I'm going with bigger brakes. I already can outperform anything crazy enough to consider me a challenge.

I was . . . interested in more power. This is what the technician told me today 'bout my 955TurboS: Do not use any octane boosters (at first I denied it) - had to replace ALL of the spark plugs. There was an 'orange' color to the plugs indicative of octane booster use which increases oil consumption (which mine did) and also causes misfires. There went $550 to have them change it.

#2: Do not use K&N filters. They are oil based and sooner or later some of the oil will affect the circuits in the flow meter (I forgot the exact wording he used) and it's not covered under warranty. I will have to put back my stock filters this weekend.

#3: Do not take off the secondary catalytic converters. I just purchased an awesome set from BB Exhaust and was planning on installing them this weekend.

I have 2 full cases of Lucas Octance Boosters. They really give your beast a kick! Can't use them anymore.

I have a set of K&N filters less than 6 months old. Can't use them anymore.

I have a brand new set - not installed, cat bypass system that goes from the secondary cats to the muffler in stainless steel. Can't install them.

SHOOOTS! :angry:

I was looking forward to 550hp but may have to settle for stock.

Comments/ideas are (very) welcomed.

• 2 weeks later...

thanks

If I'm not mistaken the difference between the Turbo S and the regular Turbo is already a higher turbo pressure (+200 psi?) and bigger brakes..so you've got a decent setup already...probably little luck with chip tuning there...

you might want to checkout the famous ruf porsche tuner in Germany...fitting bigger turbo's+wastegate etc will yield ya over 600hp but will typically set you back 20.000$

I am running the K&N stock filter replacements without any problems on my Cayenne S. Just do not over-oil. If any oil may have landed on your Mass Airflow Sensor (the flow meter you referred to), just take them out and clean with a spray can of MAF cleaner. Easy DIY!

regards, Joost

• 1 month later...

I had my hesitations when I started modifying my '04 Cayenne S (non-turbo). But quickly over came it with an ECU upgrade, bypass pipes and K&N filters. It was faster than it was stock and never had a problem with it. I would mess around with other cars on the road, sometimes I would win, sometimes a draw and others plane out lost. One day I was headed home from work, while crossing the Wilson Bridge (MD to VA) I started messing around with this Mercedes (2dr), the guy played with me at 148 Mph. I quickly called the performance shop that did the mods to my car and asked what the h*** is a SL63? Told him the story and he told me to put Nitrous on my car or buy the new '08 Cayenne Turbo. Well I bought the '08 Turbo. I love the car and it is fast... Fast enough my license plate says AMG ETER, But I get use to things quickly and it is being modified as we speak (bypass pipes, ECU upgrade and V-Flow intake system). I am sure your mechanic is well talented but so far I have had nothing but good experience with the mods I have made to my cars. I agree with the statement not to oil the filters to much, if you do, clean the sensors. The Cats are a good mod; they are there to make the car quite and won't hurt to take them out. The octane booster I will agree with your mechanic. They have too many other ingredients that foul the plugs and oxygen sensors. As an alternative; use Toluene (20 oz to 26.4 gal or do the math in the article for your own blend). Toluene is an ingredient used to produce gasoline and is straight 114 octane. Here is an article I found earlier about octane. I'll let you know how the mods work out on the new ’08 Turbo.

http://www.elektro.com/~audi/toluene/

http://www.offroaders.com/tech/octane.htm

Talk to you later... Dave

I was . . . interested in more power. This is what the technician told me today 'bout my 955TurboS: Do not use any octane boosters (at first I denied it) - had to replace ALL of the spark plugs. There was an 'orange' color to the plugs indicative of octane booster use which increases oil consumption (which mine did) and also causes misfires. There went $550 to have them change it.

#2: Do not use K&N filters. They are oil based and sooner or later some of the oil will affect the circuits in the flow meter (I forgot the exact wording he used) and it's not covered under warranty. I will have to put back my stock filters this weekend.

#3: Do not take off the secondary catalytic converters. I just purchased an awesome set from BB Exhaust and was planning on installing them this weekend.

I have 2 full cases of Lucas Octance Boosters. They really give your beast a kick! Can't use them anymore.

I have a brand new set - not installed, cat bypass system that goes from the secondary cats to the muffler in stainless steel. Can't install them.

Whoo Hoo... there it is! 589.6HP :eek: I was shooting for 540HP but Pit Stop Motorsport (VA) was able to mod the ECU to an additional gain of +50HP, the bypass tubes +27.6HP, and the V-Flow air induction system +12HP. Took her for a test drive and man... what a ride, even chirped a gear. Here’s the setup:

2008 Cayenne Turbo – 500HP

Autothority Performance Software - 50HP

Cayenne TT 2ndary Catbypass Pipes – 27.6

Cayenne TT V-Flow - 12HP

= 589.6HP :thankyou: