Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

transmission service -- need real-time, actionable help

Car is at the dealer...asked them to check why my tiptronic on the 2000 boxster is not upshifting properly and red lines when in manual. They said it was normal and no code faults were found.

Since I had a leak in the pan, I asked the dealer to fix and service the transmission.

Now, after they service, they say the are getting fault codes...improper ratio and temperature fault.

Need some quick advice as my confidence on their service is shaken. I am about ready to tell them to close it up and I go pick the car up and take it somewhere else.

Can you please provide some thoughts and quick advice?

Thanks

T

• Admin

Changing the fluid and filter should cause no harm or change.

Once the pan is off the valves are exposed so I guess they could have accidental damaged one or more.

I guess I would ask why they reported no faults before their service work and now have faults (I'd like to hear this one).

Just changing fluid and filter should not have caused this.

If they balk - you might want to get a second opinion.

Well Loren, to your question....

their comment was that this was an intermittent problem. I asked them to close the car up so I can pick it up...no more work on it. They have thew car since Monday and they say they cannot get to it untli Monday again....geez.

They say they get improper gear ratio and temperature fault codes. Is the car ok to drive 20 miles -- basically to another dealer.

Thanassis

Thanassis,

Not directly to your problem but If your car is currently at Loeber Motors i would understand why you are frustrated.

I was there a few times and got a really bad impression.

If you want to get a good service i would recommend Perfectpowerinc.com , i got this contact information from the guys with Porsche Club association in our district.

They tune porsches for races as well as repair them, they were very highly recommended.

Good Luck.

p.s. i hope you didnt have to pick up the bill now that they caused more issues with the car.

Tough to argue whether they caused it or not. The guys you recommended said the same thing. Thanks for the recommendation by the way. I was on the phone with them for a while and they said the same thing. The car has been in Joe Rizza Porsche. They said it was an intermitent problem. I am picking up the car tomorrow. I will ask what the codes are.

Thank you both for the help. I will keep you up to date.

Thanassis

I picked up the car and it shifts fine from what I can tell.

The invoice says "intermittent speed sensor codes". The technoician gave me codes P1715 and P1710 but I cannot find these by searching the forum. He said that when he test-drove the car he experienced that the tiptronic would not go into manual from auto position a couple of times. He believes that there is some problem with the "wire harness" to the speed sensor and not the transmission itself.

Thoughts? Are these codes he provided correct and what next step would you recommend I take?

T

P1710 - Speed signal

P1715 - Front right/ Front left.

Fault effect

No manual Program

Upshifting is not prevented during braking.

No downshifting during braking.

Substitute value for transverse acceleration.

You need a PST2 to see if ABS is shooting anything back.

Or check wiring from tiptronic control module connector to the ABS/TC control module .

The fact that this is not a consistent issue with your car i would assume that this has to do with the wires.

Good luck

Edited by sc00ter18