Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

can any body tell me what this means , it sounds german. i am getting this from my durametrics under veh elictrical.

moduleType = VehElec9x7

DTC Count = 1

Fault Number:49488

Description:Meldung timeout Motor

Repair Infomation:Steuergeraet

thanks

ronnie

Likely just garage since it is just one timeout. You get timeouts sometime when performing tests.

I would note it, erase it - and see if it comes back.

loren what do you mean by garage. i cleared it , and it keeps comming back. I am wondering if it has something to do with a campaing the dealer performed a while ago, he removed a fuse from the fuse panel, that was the campaign , he didnt tell me what it was. something about fan. cant find the paper work for campaign number.

Ask them if they can look up the Campaign number - it likely starts with W or A.

i looked hard enough and i found the paper work. they perfomed w731 campaign. deactivating speed steering of engine compartment blower. they just removed a fuse, not sure which one. what does this do. I would like to put the fuse back.

• Moderators

It is fuse Row D number 2, they have put a blind one in and a new little manual in the fuse box. The campaign is more than 6 month old ( elimin. high speed engine room fan )

It is fuse Row D number 2, they have put a blind one in and a new little manual in the fuse box. The campaign is more than 6 month old ( elimin. high speed engine room fan )

thanks , what is the reason for eliminating the high speed engine room fan? isnt that not good

• Moderators

Something in co relation with the DME, only for MY 05. MY06 have got a DME reprogram for the same reason ( 05 and 06 DME are different. )

• Admin

It will come in monthly mailing from Porsche (some dealers get these via Porsche's network nightly).

We pay for a subscription so they come Fed Ex once a month. Sometimes Porsche does not deliver on time (surprise - surprise - surprise) and I get 3 months worth of TSBs/Workshop Campaigns at one time. I usually get them posted for our Contributing Members within 24 hours of the time I get them.

Unfortunately I have no control over Porsche's delivery.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
can any body tell me what this means , it sounds german. i am getting this from my durametrics under veh elictrical.

moduleType = VehElec9x7

DTC Count = 1

thanks

ronnie

FYI:

Meldung = Massage

Steuergeraet = Control Unit

You are right, it´s german language

• 1 year later...

moduleType = VehElec9x7

DTC Count = 1

thanks

ronnie

FYI:

Meldung = Massage

Steuergeraet = Control Unit

I took my new 1995 C997.1 Manual in for a pre-purchase inspection and they did a W731 without even asking!

The invoice reads

W731 Campaign

Engine Compartment Blower

Termperature Guage warning light for engine compartment

Deactivate speed setting 1

Collect the new beast in 2 days - can't wait.

You are right, it´s german language