Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Hi all,

First post in this section. After getting a 996TT for myself, I'm considering now a 2nd hand Cayenne for the wife, and myself too, when the whole family goes away somewhere on the weekend.

My budget allows for a 2005, maybe early 2006 model, and I'm considering the basic V6.

Considering my wife's driving peculiarities (...), Tiptronic and parking assistant are a must.

Further, panoramic roof or at least a sunroof is a nice to have, as well as PCM.

What else do you guys recommend to look for?

What about usual issues in a 2nd hand car I should look for? I have the Durametric cable and software, so I will also want to poke my nose into the diagnostics memory.

Thx in advance.

Hi all,

First post in this section. After getting a 996TT for myself, I'm considering now a 2nd hand Cayenne for the wife, and myself too, when the whole family goes away somewhere on the weekend.

My budget allows for a 2005, maybe early 2006 model, and I'm considering the basic V6.

Considering my wife's driving peculiarities (...), Tiptronic and parking assistant are a must.

Further, panoramic roof or at least a sunroof is a nice to have, as well as PCM.

What else do you guys recommend to look for?

What about usual issues in a 2nd hand car I should look for? I have the Durametric cable and software, so I will also want to poke my nose into the diagnostics memory.

Thx in advance.

I am no expert, I have only had my 2006 Cayenne for about 2 weeks, I dont know about the v6's but my v8 had a few cracked coils the previous owner hadn't noticed, when I had it fixed, it was so much faster and better on gas then when I test drove it and brought it home. Either way enjoy the new ride, I know I do! Have any reputable dealer check it completly if it isn't being bought from one, and you should be fine. (I am pretty sure the 05's had a cd based nav system that I dont think is updateable through the dealer anymore, 06's and newer are all DVD. Don't know if that will matter as they all work, but FYI)

• 2 weeks later...
(I am pretty sure the 05's had a cd based nav system that I dont think is updateable through the dealer anymore, 06's and newer are all DVD. Don't know if that will matter as they all work, but FYI)

The 05's have DVD based navigation. The other thing to look out for is mp3 audio capability in the PCM if you care. AFAIK this was introduced late in MY05.

Thomas

(I am pretty sure the 05's had a cd based nav system that I dont think is updateable through the dealer anymore, 06's and newer are all DVD. Don't know if that will matter as they all work, but FYI)

The 05's have DVD based navigation. The other thing to look out for is mp3 audio capability in the PCM if you care. AFAIK this was introduced late in MY05.

Thomas

How do you know (other than putting an mp3 CD into the changer) if you have the correct PCM to play mp3's? Certain version?

To the OP:

I bought an '05 CTT. I took it to the dealer to have it checked over and do any warranty work that wasn't fixed by the previous owner. They replaced all the coilpacks to the updated version. They replaced all of the vent surrounds and window switches that were peeling. They replaced one of the rear sunshades as well. They've ordered replacement steering wheel buttons that are peeling too. They also replaced both of the tailgate struts that were going bad. All that under warranty. I did pay $1300 for the 40k mile service and bought a 2nd key at $350 just to get them to like me and not seem like too big of a pain the butt.

Edited by SeattleBum