Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

PST2, PIWIS & Durametric Tool Registry

Hi,

My Airbag light came on and i got it fixed by getting the both the buckles replaced.

I now need to get the airbag light turned off.

If anyone in San Diego area has Durametric Software, or PST2, or PIWIS to turn off the airbag light and i willing to help me. Please let me know.

You help is appreciated.

Thanks

Kunal

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I hvae a PST2 and Durametric. I am in Miami Florida

And if anyone is interested here is a listing on EBay for a PIWIS. I looks real. However be cautious as it is a new seller that registered just to sell the PIWIS. If you are near B.C I would recommend biding and paying in person when you see the unit and make sure it starts up.

BTW for comparison the actual PIWIS unit from Porsche is $19,000 plus an annual subscription of about $11,000.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Nice-Porsch...sspagenameZWDVW

As of Friday at 1:45 p.m. This listing (170233045489) has been removed or is no longer available. Please make sure you entered the right item number.

If the listing was removed by eBay,

Edited by Porschelibrarian

• 4 weeks later...
On another forum we have a thread like this,

People who own a PST2 & Durametric tool and wouldn't mind helping fellow p-car owners in your area that are in need of PST2 & Durametric tool diagnosis, Please Post here the city of your location and which device you have and weather not you'd be willing to plug your tools into a local fellow p-car owners porsche.

Currently Im looking for someone in the Los Angeles or Orange County area with either device to diagnose and clear the code for my airbag light.'

Hopefully we have many people here willing to help others in there neck of the woods.

Hi CJ,

I used to be a Porsche Tech not to long ago, I am a certified Master tech and smog tech. Now I work for a company developing european scan tools.

I am a technical guy, I love diagnostics. I can help you if youd like, our diag tool not only does porsche but all other euro cars too.

The durametric in my technical opinion is only good for code look up and erasure, but for real diagnosis its a joke.

I live in the South Bay area of L.A.

vizcarra44

vizcarra44@yahoo.com

Hi vizcarra44, I saw your post in trying to help other fellow RennTech members. I would like to know which porsche scan tool works best. Please give me a call at 626-227-6876. Thank you.

Yes I have received a Durametric professional kit. If you live in the area and want to get code retrieved, erase messages or info on your ECU etc. Just PM me and I give you my coordinate.... See you, J.P.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi,

My Airbag light came on and I repalced both seatbelt buckles.

I now need to get the airbag light turned off.

If anyone in the Los Angeles area has a Durametric Software, or PST2, or PIWIS to turn off the airbag light and is willing to help me, please let me know.

Thanks

Fred

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
PST2 - OBD2 and round 19-pin lead - Maidenhead, Berks, UK

Durametric inc OBD2 and 993 plug

PIWIS Tester

KTS520 & EsiTronic 2005

A bottle of dry white always goes down nicely! ;)

Hii Richard, i wonder if u can be of any help to me, im having severe problem with my PIWIS tester, when i start it i get an error message on the display wich says: operating system not found. If i want to look into the BIOS i need a password wich i dont have.

Any suggestions maybe?

Hank

If you are local to me I'd be happy to take a look. Drop me a PM.

If not, try and get hold of a hardware manual for your laptop. Sometimes there are DIP switches on the motherboard you can select to override the BIOS password. However, the sort of message you are getting sounds like your hard disk drive may be bad.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Does anyone have the PST2 set up in or "VERY" near the CNY area? I am looking to do several changes to my 99 996 as it is now a track car.

First I want to turn off the airbags in the DME, Second I would like to update the module to the RoW settings i.e eliminate the 2nd O2 sensor, improve the Rev limits etc.

thanks for the help in advance.

Edited by cwhaley

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...