Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Air suspension warning, but works fine

Today I got the air suspension warning this morning.

The air suspension is working fine, rises and lowers the car , stays at the height I program , suspension feels fine.

Took a 150 off road trip (was the plan when I left the house and when I got this warning).

Warning kept coming on during the day, not inmediatelly but sometimes after 5 minutes other times after 30.

Drove the hell out the cayenne today, and worked awesome, technical steep climbs and descends, rocky roads, fast , slow, and the car and suspension felt great.

So any ideas what could this be? I get the warning but works fine.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Its a Cayenne S 2004, do you guys know if there has been a recall for this in 2004 model?

Do you have a warranty ?

I had that message 7 days after I got the car from new with no fault found. A few weeks ago my passenger side airstrut blew out, not covered by extended warranty cost $1800

nice

On the 04's I am advised that there may be a hardware fault in some early units

Take it seriously

Mike

Today I got the air suspension warning this morning.

The air suspension is working fine, rises and lowers the car , stays at the height I program , suspension feels fine.

Took a 150 off road trip (was the plan when I left the house and when I got this warning).

Warning kept coming on during the day, not inmediatelly but sometimes after 5 minutes other times after 30.

Drove the hell out the cayenne today, and worked awesome, technical steep climbs and descends, rocky roads, fast , slow, and the car and suspension felt great.

So any ideas what could this be? I get the warning but works fine.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Its a Cayenne S 2004, do you guys know if there has been a recall for this in 2004 model?

motoadve, best if you get a Durametric tester or go to you OPC and get a scan. From experience faults like this are very hard to diagnose without a scan. I too had a Air Suspension fault and at the same time a PSM fault. Everything worked OK with the car just that the beeps on starting and the constant yellow ! was a pain. A scan indicated a pressure sensor but without access to Poses it hard to go any further. After mucho scrathing and a search of Poses (the Porsche version of Ektra, available on ebay) turns out it was the small pressure transducer on the brake master cylinder (So still don't know why it gave me an air suspension fault and a PSM fault together), fix was a £30 sensor and a full brake bleed. Still after that decided to buy the Porsche extended warranty, then guess what, nothing goes wrong with the car. Good luck with your problem

motoadve, best if you get a Durametric tester or go to you OPC and get a scan. From experience faults like this are very hard to diagnose without a scan. I too had a Air Suspension fault and at the same time a PSM fault. Everything worked OK with the car just that the beeps on starting and the constant yellow ! was a pain. A scan indicated a pressure sensor but without access to Poses it hard to go any further. After mucho scrathing and a search of Poses (the Porsche version of Ektra, available on ebay) turns out it was the small pressure transducer on the brake master cylinder (So still don't know why it gave me an air suspension fault and a PSM fault together), fix was a £30 sensor and a full brake bleed. Still after that decided to buy the Porsche extended warranty, then guess what, nothing goes wrong with the car. Good luck with your problem

Thanks

it stop doing it for the past 2 days

But took it to the dealer and the Piwis tester found a register of a sensor fault.

But it auto fixed itself.

Might have been caused because the car was jacked to take a spoiler out, that happened Friday, Saturday, Sunday Monday I get the alarm

The car is jacked again Tuesday to change a tire.

No more alarm!!!

Hopefully doesnt come back, at least we know its a sensor if it comes back