Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Wet passenger footwell

I couldn't get a thing out of them. They seemed totally clear. Which is why I'm confused about this thread topic...what are these particular drains for? I'm trying to clear whatever drain is causing water to dump in my driver's side footwell when the AC is running on hot days

Have you cleared the drain I mentioned above? The one behind the kick panel under the glove box? I can watch water dripping from mine (about even with the front wheel, and about 1" toward center from the right side of the truck) when the AC is running. That is the drain that sounds plugged. And it would fill up your passenger footwell if it plugs up.

• 3 months later...

Dear agoodin514, deilenberger & RicksCarrera:

You guys rock -- my moisture/water issue came back; water sloshed on my right foot turning right while accelerating at about 15mph. I knew it was not external moisture as it's been a long summer with no rain or puddles or any external factors -- sprinklers, etc.

Got home, followed your instructions, pulled the tube/hose from the base of the plastic AC housing and a lot of water came out -- a lot being around 1/2 liter. It was clear water, no color, no smell. I had a towel and a bicycle water bottle ready which caught the majority of the water. Once all the water had drained I ran an air compressor on gentle/medium setting from the inside of the vehicle blowing out toward the engine compartment -- the length of tube/hose is at most 4" long from vehicle interior to exterior.

I also opened the hood and with a flashlight I could easily see the tube/hose plug sticking through the firewall. I could see some of the water dribbling out. And now AC-created water is draining out as it should -- parked in the garage after a long drive w/AC on a puddle of clear water appeared on the garage floor as it's supposed to -- directly below the drainage valve.

If it happens again I know exactly what to do. A ten minute job and as RicksCarrera noted, a 1/4" wooden dowel, gently used as a ream, may be the perfect tool to clear. Next time I will use the dowel -- I'll also take pics of each step.

In my case I did not locate any debris or blockage so I'm not sure what caused the back-up -- maybe the plug on the engine compartment side is tight.

Thanks again guys.

It's threads like this that make Renntech.org such a great resource.

Hi guys, just noticed ive got a wet carpet in the passenger footwell aswell. Are there any common causes for this? Where is the first place i should look for a leak?

my car : Porsche cayenne 6 cylinder

Possible a/c drain, or clogged water drains. A/c drain/line could be pinched, grommet at firewall could be not fitted correctly, if veh is under warranty I would take it to a dealer it's not a fun job. If it is water drains clogged remove front cowl, or just gain access pour some water down into cowl if you see it draining onto floor, no clogged drains(note: should come out at a decent pace not a trickle) if not clean out under cowl, blow compressed air into drains to clear debris then recheck.

Edited by odix

• 9 months later...

Cayenne Turbo 2003 UK

Hi, I have been having the same wet footwell problem, mine was caused by the what seems to be a common fault of the drain being blocked.

After crawling around on my back for 15mins wondering where the Germans would put the exit pipe i decided to attack it from the inside.

If you have read the posts about how easy to change the pollen filter on these boards T15 1 screw under glove box, then just next to the pollen filter is the interior aircon drain tube. Its made of rubber and pulls off very easy with fingers. When i pulled it of some water from the condensor pipe went on the carpet. Then i put the nozz;le of my garden hose on the rubber and blasted it till i heard the water pouring out under the car.... Sorted. 5 mins. Hope this helps please keep posting you have saved me quite a bit of money.

Edited by minnieolly

hi i had the same problem i have just fixed it ,you need to take out the plastic arch liner there are quite a few screws but after you can see everything very easily ,i have had this happen to me twice now so this time i removed the drain gromet it leaves a large enough hole so it shouldnt happen again..

hi i had the same problem i have just fixed it ,you need to take out the plastic arch liner there are quite a few screws but after you can see everything very easily ,i have had this happen to me twice now so this time i removed the drain gromet it leaves a large enough hole so it shouldnt happen again..

Thats for the front cowl drains, there is also a drain for the climate control box located at the bottom of the cabin filter housing.

• 6 months later...

Hi guy,I have a wet floor in front right! It's a uk spec so the steering etc is on the right hand side! I have tried to find the ac drain pipe but can't see it!Will the ac pipe still be on the right hand side?

I would guess that on a right hand drive vehicle the drain would be on the opposite side but should be in the same area as the cabin filter.

• 1 year later...

Hey All,

I got a very wet passenger foot well and a stinky mildewy Pig. We just had a good amount of rain here in So Cal and not sure if this is due to AC drainage issue or part of it.

Does anyone have actual Pics and diagrams for the top of cowel drainage in the engine compartment, the AC filter area drainage area and wheel well drainage area.  From what it sound it should be obvious but would like actual pics  and locations for reference.  It sounds like there are three places to check and to clear...

Hey Loren! do you have an exploded view of these draininage pipes/areas that get clogged up where you can clear out the debris .

This may also be due to rain/water intrusion from another place as well..