Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Help! How do I submit diminished value to insurance?

Some A-hole rear-ended me last week. To me it looked like minor cosmetic, but the body shop came back w/ $8k of repairs.

I remember reading a post about submitting a claim to insurance for the diminished value of a P-car after an accident. I can't find that post, but it mentioned a website or company that even provides devalued estimates to submit (I think). Does anyone know what I am talking about, or have I been sniffing 91 octane too much?

Thanks,

Medtech

My mother works for a major insurance company. Recently my father in law was driving his Mercedes SLK three days after he purchased it used (it is a 2004) and was rear ended by a large SUV resulting in significant damage. Since the claim was going against a different insurance company I asked her what he should ask for in dimished vaule. Her answer was good luck getting anything. Their position is that when they pay to have your car repaired it is repaired to same value as prior to the accident. My response was that if he sold the car the repair would show up on CarFax and that would lead most people to either not want to purchase the car or at least pay less for the car compared to a similar car with no accidents. She said they would take any diminished value claim to the court system and that they win virtually all claims. She indicated that about the only claims they loose are on vintage cars that a claim could be made that it is not possible to repair to same vaule due to value of the car being based on all original parts. Of course she also said it never hurts to ask.