Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Headers for 996 4S

Do you think that those Headers are fine for my Porsche 996 4S

http://www.maxspeed-motorsports.com/996headers.html

I would like to buy them but I need you advices and opinions also regarding the vendor maxspeed.

The vendor told me that I can earn 15 Horse Power but my Porsche dealer said that it’s impossible...

I was also planning to install the Powerkit from Porsche but everybody I meet do not recommend to install it.

Thanks in advance for your help

Liberato

Improvements can always be made to factory products but return on investment is always an issue. I think the day a car manufacturer clams they have the perfect product is the day before they're proven wrong.

Edited by dr914jr

Just FYI....I have seen numerous folks go to aftermarket headers and LOSE power (as measured on a dyno).
... and/or torque.

Hello Loren,

I'm assuming that you don't recommend it, correct?

In this case I think that I will go ahed and look for installing the Powerkit from Porsche

Thanks

Liberato

Edited by liberatod

• Admin
Just FYI....I have seen numerous folks go to aftermarket headers and LOSE power (as measured on a dyno).
... and/or torque.

Hello Loren,

I'm assuming that you don't recommend it, correct?

In this case I think that I will go ahed and look for installing the Powerkit from Porsche

Thanks

Liberato

IMHO there are very few aftermarket kits that will give you much of anything (other than a lighter wallet) on normally aspirated engine Porsche.

Even Porsche's powerkit is only going to give you 20 BHP.

Turbo's are a very different story.

Just an FYI, the factory headers really are not that bad! Infact it is my understanding that the 996 1999 296 HP engines and the 2000 996 300HP engine was basically a minor change in exhaust and some minor engine mapping. So in essence the factory system is pretty good. Looking at the 2000 996 set and it's tubing, I really don't think any 3rd party will net you much or anything at all!

Edited by KevinMac

forget headers...

go with 200 cell hi-flow cats from a reputable manufacturer like Cargraphic... then you'll see more midrange and top end...

I appreciate your point but here in Switzerland the laws are very strict if people change cats.

In this case I prefer to change the headers and why not from Cargraphic (http://www.cargraphic.de/index.php?/s,6,7,18,1493,2125/) as shown below.

Mine need to be changed anyway due to the corrosion.... Loren would you recommends to replace the headers with the Porsche genuine ones or I can use the Cargraphics headers?

Thanks in advance for your help

Liberatod

post-22292-1222274890_thumb.jpg

post-22292-1222274901_thumb.jpg

Edited by liberatod