Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

ordering new options from porsche.com

Hi guys! first post!! woohoo..

Anyways.. I'm planning on buying a 987 S. But I cant seem to find one at a stealership with all the options that I want. So... I got on porsche.com and made my own. I wanted the interior to look sporty, and I think I've accomplished it very well, but have 3 different versions of the interior that I cant decide on. I do have a favorite, but then there is always something else that looks right about the other ones. So I'm gonna post some pics and let you guys tell me what ya think...

MyPorsche.jpg

ex22.jpg

here's the interiors...

in3.jpg

interior2.jpg

untitled-1.jpg

My favorites are #1 and #3.. the thing im not sure about is #1 and the leather on the pcm.. wouldnt it get dirty under there/hard to clean? anyone have experience with that. #2 looks too played out with all the carbon fiber junk in there.. lol.

so there ya go.. what do you guys think??

Edit... if you guys didnt know you can do this.. here's the link. click 3d version for it to look like the pics i posted

porsche editor

Edited by asto_86

I personally like the seatbelts from number 2 but everything else from #3. I owuld get the sport wheel however as I prefer the round center section to the Y of the base wheel.

However, I wonder if this is a good time to order a Boxster. If you order now, you probably will not get one until the winter. Why not wait until the winter and order then? You can get the 987 ver.2 with more HP and better fuel economy.

I custom ordered my 987S and would do so again for my future Porsches. I would also expect a dealership with an open build allocation would offer you a 10% discount off MSRP...but you may have to work the system and be willing to purchase away from your home location, including out-of-state.

My only other advice is to purchase every single option you want now and can afford in your budget. Adding stuff after the purchase is much more expensive (2-3 x's more). For example Sport exhaust...painted roll bars.

Have fun!

I personally like the seatbelts from number 2 but everything else from #3. I owuld get the sport wheel however as I prefer the round center section to the Y of the base wheel.

However, I wonder if this is a good time to order a Boxster. If you order now, you probably will not get one until the winter. Why not wait until the winter and order then? You can get the 987 ver.2 with more HP and better fuel economy.

ya... they dont offer multifunction on the sport wheel though.. so that kinda turned me off there.

And I hadnt really thought about waiting till winter.. we are positive that there will be a 987 version 2? this version of the sport will be better than the current version? Im gonna have to look into that.

I custom ordered my 987S and would do so again for my future Porsches. I would also expect a dealership with an open build allocation would offer you a 10% discount off MSRP...but you may have to work the system and be willing to purchase away from your home location, including out-of-state.

My only other advice is to purchase every single option you want now and can afford in your budget. Adding stuff after the purchase is much more expensive (2-3 x's more). For example Sport exhaust...painted roll bars.

Have fun!

Your whole post is exactly how Im going about this. I want to put everything I will ever want on now.. so ive actually chosen everything... lol...runs about 105k USD.. but I will have a machine that I will love and not want to ever give up.

Asto_86,

Really...$105K...wow...good for you. I have rarely seen a Boxster go over $80-85. Do as you please. you deserve it. Re-sale may be an issue, but if you are planning to own it for a long time, who cares. Plus, you need to be happy with it, and no buyer's remorse. Congrats.

Full leather is very nice. And leather door closures are a very little detail, but looks great. Are vented seats available in the new 987S? I saw these in the new 997S-2. Wish I had them in my car.

Asto_86,

Really...$105K...wow...good for you. I have rarely seen a Boxster go over $80-85. Do as you please. you deserve it. Re-sale may be an issue, but if you are planning to own it for a long time, who cares. Plus, you need to be happy with it, and no buyer's remorse. Congrats.

Full leather is very nice. And leather door closures are a very little detail, but looks great. Are vented seats available in the new 987S? I saw these in the new 997S-2. Wish I had them in my car.

haha.. thanks. Ya I am not worried about resale value.. because this is about what I like. kinda makes you wonder if its about what i like then why did i post this thread at all. Well it was mostly to see if you guys approve, and if you all have any other ideas that might make the car nicer that i may have overlooked.

about the vented seats.. yes, they are available.. but not available with the sport seat that i am going with. heated seat is not available either with the sport seat :(... but I just love the look of it, haha..

I didnt go with the sport exhaust.. not sure about it yet as I recently read about swapping in the 3.8.. that sport exhaust isnt compatible with the 3.8 is it?? well i guess i could get the sport exhaust then just sell it here when i do the swap.. Ive still got a few months (christmas) before I go ahead and go for this..

But now that I think about it... if i wait till Christmas.. ill have to design an 09..

Are they gonna change much between the 08 and 09 987S?

I need to do a search, lol..

Edited by asto_86

Be careful with the Sport Seat option. Bigger (shoulder) guys complain about the tight squeeze.

I would rather have heated and vented seats over the sport seat, IMO. Sport seatrs look very cool in the Carrera, for example, becuase you can have them painted to match the car. In the Boxster, you really don't get the opportunity to see them., since they are usually up close the rear firewall. Just a thought.

Make sure you get the Porsche Sport Exhaust and the chrome tip for the exhaust.

well im not that wide of a person.. 5'10" 180 lbs..

But ya Im considering swapping out the seats. gotta be comfy ya know?

and actually I can paint the back of most of the seats that offer heating and ventilation (actually you can only have one or the other..)

lol, but now I feel like im wasting my time now that i realized its so late in the year and the 09 model will be available soon.

Do you know if PCM 3.0 will be in the 09 boxster? that would be a bonus i would think to waiting...

so i changed some things.. and I like what i came up with..

2.jpg

1.jpg

did away with the black trim, and got what look to be more comfy seats :)

and silver seatbelts, lol..

downside is... 113k.. lol.. i think it came from the brakes and the wheels.. haha

Edited by asto_86