Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

2004 boxster s won't start?

hi, i recently got my 2004 boxster s (used) about 2 months ago. Today all of a sudden my car won't start. My brother pretty much forced it to start by pressing on the gas pedal at the same time. After that, the car seemed to start fine. Also, before this incident happened, i noticed some white smoke coming of the the exhaust. not only on start up, but as he's pressing gas as well (don't know if this is normal) can anybody help me pleaseeeeeeee. thank you so much

p.s the white smoke doesn't really smell like burning oil.

Edited by eason

The classic causes

are associated with either coolant or oil vapors.

So start out looking at the oil and coolant tanks/dipstick and make sure they are up to level and the right color, not clouded or mixed with some of the other.

If there is a Check Engine Light, get the codes read via an OBDII reader. If it is blinking, get the car towed to a dealer or very experienced P-car mechanic.

The oil vapors are usually associated with a failing Air Oil Separator, a kind of PCV valve. You can search here for the "AOS" and find out more.

thx for the quick reply. After reading around the forum, a lot of ppl are suggesting it might be a coolant leak or aos. It seems that the classic signs of are that i would see some sort of leakage. but it seems not to be present in my case. also, the coolant and oil seems to be in the right level... i beginning to fear it's a greater issue..btw, my car seems to start fine again now...im so confusedddddddd please help a confused old man out. lol

Wow, well after lots of reading here I think maybe it was a hydrolock caused by the early stages of AOS failure.

Was the oil cap on really tight, and was there a suction type of effect when you removed it? That's one sign.

Doubt it would turn over if it was hydraulically locked, Christ the car is only 4 years old can it be AOS so soon? I had a BM once did a similar thing, left it for 12 hours came back and started an ran without any further trouble, hope you are as lucky. I would take Lorens advice, look for the simple things first, get the codes read. How many miles does it have?

unfortunately im not really located close to any dealerships where i live. If there really was a problem with the car, im kinda of afraid to drive it that far. btw, the car is has about 80, 000 km on it. (im canadian). LOl, im just really hoping im as lucky as you were with your bm.

Edited by eason