Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

996 Cab rear sliding window stuck and wont close or open.....

My girlfriend was driving her 2000 911 Cab today and she was telling me that the rear sliding window got stuck so when I took a look at it, it sounds like its off the railings and just spinning. Do you happen to know what could have caused it or what it could be??

Also Im trying remove the rear panel so I can get a better look at it but I seem to be stuck on getting it off. I have the speaker out with the screw behind that and also the hex seat belt latch off but seems to be stuck on something else that I cant figure out. Does anyone have a PDF format or anything that can help with getting that panel off?

Thanks in Advance!

Johnny

• Upvote 1

cabpanelremoval.jpg

Thanks I believe this should help me out alot...I do have some questions real quick though or clarifications

I did everything else as stated but uncertain on these:

Pop off plastic cap in side panel (decorative Piece)

Remove side panel recognising there are lugs at the rear of the panel that need to be freed (pull forwards)

Can you explain if possible

Thanks

There is a plastic piece that just pops off (item # 7 in picture). You then slide the panel forward to get it free of the lugs and it just comes off....don't know how else to put it. I did it 5 times replacing my seat belts.

Thanks I finally got it loose and it came off as I needed too. Now its a little bit more complex than I figured it to be. I thought I would be able to see the window and its mechanism that operates it but it seems to be covered by the Soft Top Mechanism!

Are you familiar with how to get to that sliding window and its railings so I can take a better look at whats going on???

Thanks

How's this?

You are the man!!

But by looking at it, it doesnt show me how to get to it....its blocked by all the softtop mechanisms I cant see the clamps its talking about. Also Ive been told that on these Cabs the Regulators tend to go bad very often so Im assuming thats what Im going to have to replace. Do you have anything on that?