Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Can you make a HAES amp recepticle plug?

Hi all (again),

So for those of you who haven't read my other thread on "messed up wiring," I took on the replacement of this already crappy JVC head unit the previous owner installed and found a bunch of wiring issues. BUT, I fixed it, the new Alpine IVA-W203 with the new Navigation kit work GREAT! However, some of the components that go along with it, don't exactly function correctly do to the factory HAES amp having some communication issues with the components.

Essentially, I can't XM radio to work properly, as the volume control does nothing. I can't adjust the volume ;) That's not very good. Lol.

The other problem is that the Alpine Audio Processor I purchased also doesn't communicate with the factory amp as it needs to adjust gain levels etc, and can't.

So the decision was made for me to change out the factory amp to 2 JL Audio amps I have sitting in the garage.

According to my electrical wiring diagrams and the factory HAES amp plug, the wiring is as follows:

Left Door Sub Negative - Brown / Green

Left Door Sub Positive - Green

Left Front Mid-Range Speaker Negative - Yellow / Brown

Left Front Mid-Range Speaker Positive - Yellow

Left Rear Surround Speaker Negative - Brown / White

Left Rear Surround Speaker Positive - White

Right Rear Surround Speaker Positive - Blue

Right Rear Surround Speaker Negative - Brown / Blue

Right Front Mid-Range Speaker Positive - Red

Right Front Mid-Range Speaker Negative - Red / Brown

Right Door Sub Positive - Violet

Right Door Sub Negative - Brown / Violet

The million dollar question is, is there anything I can do to make my own Recepticle plug where I can un-plug the HAES amp Plug and plug it into the new makeshift one? Or am I going to be forced to chop off the connector and run it myself? I'd prefer if I didn't have to do that and I could just reuse the existing plug and make my own to plug in. Anyone done this before?

Thanks