Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Tire - Los Angeles

Where do people in the LA area (especially close to Pasadena) buy tires? I'm getting to the point of needing them and recognize that it is not a matter of just going down to Pep Boys. Having said that, I would really like to avoid getting them from the dealer; I see enough pirates in everyday life. Arrg.

Thanks.

Although not real close to Pasadena I buy my tires at Globe Tire in Manhattan Beach (Sepulveda Blvd). They stock or can get most brands and they'll try to match prices and have lots of experience and careful techs in the tire changing bays.

They also have a place in LA (Venice & La Cienaga (sp)). Not sure if the (2) stores are affiliated.

Good Luck . . .

I've bought replacement tires for my Boxster and Carrera (and other cars) at America's Tire, and have been very happy with them each time. Just get comparable prices from Costco, Tire Rack, the America's Tire web site, and Tires Buy Mark in Woodland Hills, and they should beat everyone's price. Plus they will do free tire checks and rebalancing every 5K miles. I took my new Cayenne in and they rotated my tires for free at 5K miles, and offered to sell me their complete replacement certificate, even though the tires came with the car when new. It usually takes them a few days to order and receive the right tires for Porsches. You can also make an appointment in advance so you don't have to wait.

There's an America's Tire store on Colorado in Pasadena. I was in there a few times with a previous car for rotations and they were fine. If you find one close to high-end car car dealers, they will know exactly how to deal with low profile tires on alloy wheels, based on my experience. But you should always check your rims carefully before they start doing anything

Where do people in the LA area (especially close to Pasadena) buy tires? I'm getting to the point of needing them and recognize that it is not a matter of just going down to Pep Boys. Having said that, I would really like to avoid getting them from the dealer; I see enough pirates in everyday life. Arrg.

Thanks.

I've had the best luck with Costco. Depending where near Pasadena you are, the Azuza or Los Feliz stores might be closest. Call them first to see if they indeed have tire shops. Last I heard, Road & Track magazine uses Costco for their tire testing articles.

Rick