Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

In the FWIW department - my son and I put the first set of coil over's on my 996 (H&R RSS Club Sports). We spent lots of time on the forums (thanks to Loren and others for all the great info), and dialed in ride height. We went with some pretty well known alignment specs found on this forum too. The care handled good and we were pretty satisfied. To make a long story short, I ended up having a race shop (Goldcrest Motorsports in North GA - fantastic shop) do some work on the car, and had them do an alignment and set ride height. The bottom line - night and day difference in how the car handles (they actually raised it up a bit).

While my 996 is now a dedicated track toy with JRZ RS Pros, and no longer street legal, I can't emphasize what a difference getting the car professionally set up has made. If you have a race shop near you that knows 996/997 vehicles in my opinion it is well worth the relatively modest cost to have them dial it in. It's some of the best money I've spent on the car.

• 4 weeks later...

Yes, a real experienced Porsche alignment shop can do wonders. I was very pleased to find that after all my careful work measuring and re-measuring the ride heights and balancing F/R relationship, etc, that my shop said they did not have to adjust the height at all, to make the X74 alignment specs I wanted, and matched their recommendation. I had to of course do a coarse alignment after installing the PSS9s, and thought the difference in handling from stock was quite incredible. I could never go back to the stock suspension, it really is, to over use the phrase, "night and day". But the smoothness and neutrality of the handling, the way she handled after the alignment, was similar to yours, a major improvement. I had only waited so long to get it done as I was waiting for the opportunity to put on new N3 PS2's before spending $200 on the alignment, and that was well worth it IMHO.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

After installing my x74 my passenger rear tire to fender clearance is consistently about not quite ½ inch off the other three corners when level (i.e. that one corner has it sits higher than the rest).

Is there anything I can do there or when the x74 suspension went in that spring did not seat properly? It drives fine and has been that ay since January so really at this point more cosmetic than anything else. Just curious.