Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Interior finished - Aluminium Look and Short Shift

After much time and effort of confirming rear centre console part numbers and returning incorrect parts the interior is finally finished.

Apart from the Aluminium look interior change I also had the Porsche Short Shift kit installed. All gears from 1st through to 6th are fine, reverse on the other hand is a nightmare. Need to take the car back tomorrow for some minor adjustments. I can barely engage reverse and my wife has no chance. Not sure what is causing it but I am certain it will be sorted out tomorrow.

interior_copy14.jpg

Edited by ArthurK

Hi Aurthur,

I had the Porsche Short Shift Kit installed a few months ago and I did notice (In my case anyway) that reverse is slightly more notchy to select (especialy when the gearbox is cold) compared to the other gears - otherwise it is no real drama to select reverse.

I'd say that it just requires a minor adjustment.

Your interior looks great - I really like the Aluminium touch on the instrument surround.

- You just need an Aluminium Dead pedal for a RHS vehicle - I have not seen anyone selling these though - :angry:

Costas.

Yes the reverse is slightly more notchy but this requires brute strength to push left then finally up. I can barely get it into gear as it is so I cannot see how my wife will. It is going back tomorrow for some fine tuning.

With respect to the dead pedal, I have a LHD dead pedal just need to pull my finger out and get it machined. I was hoping my wife could do it (she is an engineer at Holden (GM for the yanks :) ) but no luck.

Thanks for your kind words on the interior

My C4S has the short shifter installed as a factory option. I don't notice any difference on shifting to reverse from other gears. They should be able to make some minor adjustments to fix the problem.