Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Service Now and headlamp adjustment

hey guys just wondering if anyone can help me with this..My 04 cayenne s has been lower a few inches..Not sure if this would set the headlamp adjustment warning on my cluster. The headlamps do go up and down. Does anyone think that adjusting them manually would work and fix the problem? I also have a service now light..is there a cheap scanner I can buy to check codes?

1st you need to provide more infos, like MY of the car, type, how did you lowered the car? springs or lowering module?, Xenon lights or no (OEM headlights), etc.. if you used lowering modules it could be because of this but no one cant tell what is the problem. come up with more infos! thats why most will not come up because you descritpion has low infos. :)

for reading errors you can get durametric. its the best you can get, or lets say it will save your a.. spending money at the dealer service. still, this will not solve all the problems, but most common will be cleared. dont use VAG scanners, only last gen. ones otherwise you will end up reseting the car for starting over the CAN bus.

though, what light is that in your main cluster that is on? is the " ! " lighted? if its that, you can check for faults in your Main Menu of the cluster. it might be a bulb that is not working. if its written Service Now - You need to go to the service for maintainace. this one comes up becuase of the service interval, so that it's telling you that you need to pay a visit to the dealer and change oil, filters, etc. for clearing that you can get Duramtetric, or pay the dealer. again dont use a VAG tool, even if its the latest version doesnt comunicate with the car, so no help for you.

as for adjustments: these cars have height sensors on the wheels hub assembly, front and rear. this will tell how the lights should be up and down. manually you cant do it just like that. for other adjustments you need to pull out the head lamps, I dont advise you to do that if you are not lets say trainned.

Edited by stealthTT

1st you need to provide more infos, like MY of the car, type, how did you lowered the car? springs or lowering module?, Xenon lights or no (OEM headlights), etc.. if you used lowering modules it could be because of this but no one cant tell what is the problem. come up with more infos! thats why most will not come up because you descritpion has low infos. :)

for reading errors you can get durametric. its the best you can get, or lets say it will save your a.. spending money at the dealer service. still, this will not solve all the problems, but most common will be cleared. dont use VAG scanners, only last gen. ones otherwise you will end up reseting the car for starting over the CAN bus.

though, what light is that in your main cluster that is on? is the " ! " lighted? if its that, you can check for faults in your Main Menu of the cluster. it might be a bulb that is not working. if its written Service Now - You need to go to the service for maintainace. this one comes up becuase of the service interval, so that it's telling you that you need to pay a visit to the dealer and change oil, filters, etc. for clearing that you can get Duramtetric, or pay the dealer. again dont use a VAG tool, even if its the latest version doesnt comunicate with the car, so no help for you.

as for adjustments: these cars have height sensors on the wheels hub assembly, front and rear. this will tell how the lights should be up and down. manually you cant do it just like that. for other adjustments you need to pull out the head lamps, I dont advise you to do that if you are not lets say trainned.

thanks, my cayenne has been lowered with springs not a lowering module. it has xenon lights in it too. ! is lit and service now is on the cluster as well as check headlamp adjustment height. There seems to be a allen key tool that can be used to adjust the heights, i was thinking of giving it a few turns and see if they go any higher. I went to the warning indicator menu on the cluster and it does not explain what the code or fault was besided headlamp heights adjustment.

thanks, my cayenne has been lowered with springs not a lowering module. it has xenon lights in it too. ! is lit and service now is on the cluster as well as check headlamp adjustment height. There seems to be a allen key tool that can be used to adjust the heights, i was thinking of giving it a few turns and see if they go any higher. I went to the warning indicator menu on the cluster and it does not explain what the code or fault was besided headlamp heights adjustment.

"!" and service now - afaik means the service interval, so after you change the oil, filters and what is required for your mileage, you need to reset this with a piwis, pst2 or durametric.

and besides that it does it also wrote "headlamp height adjustment" in the fault cluster menu ? if so, I believe that only piwis will help, cause the durametric doesnt has that. maybe it needs to be reset or calibrated. havent hear of something like this before, even for the guys who droped their cars lower than yours with the KW V3. maybe someone who has allready done this can help.

again, what year and engine do you have.

"!" and service now - afaik means the service interval, so after you change the oil, filters and what is required for your mileage, you need to reset this with a piwis, pst2 or durametric.

and besides that it does it also wrote "headlamp height adjustment" in the fault cluster menu ? if so, I believe that only piwis will help, cause the durametric doesnt has that. maybe it needs to be reset or calibrated. havent hear of something like this before, even for the guys who droped their cars lower than yours with the KW V3. maybe someone who has allready done this can help.

My cayenne is a 2004 with the 4.5L V8 ..S model

does it also wrote "headlamp height adjustment" in the fault cluster menu ?

does it also wrote "headlamp height adjustment" in the fault cluster menu ?

yes, it says it as soon as i start up the truck. On the cluster..is there a sensor that can be fault that runs the adjusters? I know the lights do go up and down cause when i start the truck the lights come up.