Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Cayenne Fuel Filler Car Release Fault?

Hi, firstly hello and great site! Used it loads to get info before but searched and not found anything on this.

I have a problem with my Cayenne Turbo (2004). We have noticed the alarm has gone off a couple of times recently and today the battery was flat. Anyways I have figured out that the alarm triggers have been the fuel filler cap releasing itself?

Has anyone else had this problem? I've recharged the battery and the car is running all fine again. Everything seems to work OK, but the fuel filler cap seems to just keep releasing over and over again. Its obviously been doing all last night and eventually drained the battery.

I have also noticed that the switch in the drivers door DOES NOT release the filler cap. I am going to go have a look at the switch now, but in the meantime any ideas?

The car was valeted earlier this week and I wonder if the guy got some water or cleaner in the switch whilst doing it? Seems too coincidental that the cap is doing this and the switch is not working!!!

Any other ideas?

Stu

OK. Solved the mystery. It was the switch. I took it out and then took it apart to find it totally corroded inside. The tracks on the tiny circuit board totally gone.

BLOODY VALETER!!!! Must have used excessive liquid when cleaning the inside and some found its way into the switch.

Hope this little lesson for me helps someone else some day with the same issue!

Using the boot release switch for now to release the fuel filler cap. Will hunt for a new switch tomorow. Guess it wont be cheap from a main dealer.

Update - £18.60 for a new switch from Porsche. (about $30 USD)

Edited by polly_x

• 1 month later...
OK. Solved the mystery. It was the switch. I took it out and then took it apart to find it totally corroded inside. The tracks on the tiny circuit board totally gone.

BLOODY VALETER!!!! Must have used excessive liquid when cleaning the inside and some found its way into the switch.

Using the boot release switch for now to release the fuel filler cap. Will hunt for a new switch tomorow. Guess it wont be cheap from a main dealer.

any tips on removing the switch?

Just do it really carefully. You need to remove the small housing it sits in from the door panel with some gentle levering taking car not to damage it/ Then the switch can be removed from the housing easily.

Just do it really carefully. You need to remove the small housing it sits in from the door panel with some gentle levering taking car not to damage it/ Then the switch can be removed from the housing easily.

Does anyone have a schematic avail for this? Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The solenoid failed on my 2006 Cs--when it failed it also caused the the rear hatch and rear window to not open. There is manual release for the gas filler inside the rear rightside compartment but apparently no provision to manually open the hatch or the window. Sort of screwed up my vacation as I was 2hrs away from the nearest dealer. Fixed under warranty when I returned home but was a real pain trying to get my 75# Dalmation into the rear area thru the back seat!

• 4 years later...
  • Admin

It is just a solenoid - so either it has power or it doesn't. attachicon.gifcay_fuel_door.png

Can the solenoid work in only one direction. Mine will lock with remote but unlock will not move it to unlock. I have to manually pull it. Do you think it might just need cleaned?

Thanks in advance

Maybe cleaned or binding.

Best inspect it further.

Has it changed for 2006? I do not have this filler door release button on the driver's door!

They changed the design to be unlocked when doors unlock, you have to press door in to open the latch

I wish that they hadn't, mine keeps opening in the car wash.

• 5 months later...

Has it changed for 2006? I do not have this filler door release button on the driver's door!

They changed the design to be unlocked when doors unlock, you have to press door in to open the latch

I wish that they hadn't, mine keeps opening in the car wash.

send an Email (info@porsche.de) to Porsche Germany, and tell what s...happens....

and if the answer will be "... go to your local de..."

then send the Email to the President of the Executive Board, or the other

http://www.porsche.com/usa/aboutporsche/overview/executiveboard/

:cheers: