Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Anyone in 100k mile club

Anyone suffer an IMS fail with over 100K on the clock since the last post in 2/19?

Besides that, I'm at 115K on my seal grey 01 Box 5 spd. Purchased with 72K in 10/16.  Daily driver, midwest USA.

One of my upper strut mounts is starting to clunk so that'll need some attention soon.

Replace serpentine belt and water pump 2 yrs ago. 

Replaced rear rubber with DWS 06 when purchased, replaced all 4 with Michelin All season Pilot sports in November. 

I love her.  Just wanting a bit more umpf.  

• Moderators
1 hour ago, brianmch said:

Anyone suffer an IMS fail with over 100K on the clock since the last post in 2/19?

Besides that, I'm at 115K on my seal grey 01 Box 5 spd. Purchased with 72K in 10/16.  Daily driver, midwest USA.

One of my upper strut mounts is starting to clunk so that'll need some attention soon.

Replace serpentine belt and water pump 2 yrs ago. 

Replaced rear rubber with DWS 06 when purchased, replaced all 4 with Michelin All season Pilot sports in November. 

I love her.  Just wanting a bit more umpf.  

We have seen a couple in customer' cars.  High miles does not exempt you from the potential of IMS failures.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I bought my 1999 Boxster 5-spd, US spec, with 127,000 miles on it three years ago. It had just had a new water pump and thermostat put in. I have since done front and rear brakes, new convertible top with glass window, repainted my wheels, new left side condenser, replaced the AOS, replaced shocks and struts, and had work done on the VANOS system.

Right now I am battling a CEL light that gives me codes 1124 and 1126. I have cleaned the MAF and replaced the AOS, but I am still getting the codes. I found and fixed a couple very small vacuum leaks. Still get the codes. Very frustrating. I did the oil cap test, and this does not seem to be the problem. I would really appreciate any input on this topic. My next move may be to replace the fuel filter, as I have no idea when that was done.

Last week, my a/c compressor and clutch blew up, so I am looking for a replacement. I have found a new Denso unit for around $320, plus the drier receiver for $15. Has anyone ever used either a remanufactured unit or the Nissens brand of compressor? The Boxster is not my daily driver, so I am wondering what is the best way to go on purchasing a new compressor. All responses would be very appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

• Upvote 1

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I just bought my first Porsche last Sept 2023 

a 2004 Boxster S 6-speed manual, dark ocean blue/light gray. 

had 97K when I bought it, it just rolled over to 99K a few weeks ago, it's my daily driver, I love it..

absolutely no problems with it, I'm the 7th owner, and that kind of worried me, why it changed hands so much. 

It's an adjustment, I'm 5'10' 200#, with the top up, it does feel a bit cramped. But I put the top down when ever the weather allows. Cincinnati, Ohio, usa

2004_porsche_boxster-S Manual $15k.jpeg

2004_porsche_boxster-pic-5125567769369665733-1024x768.jpeg

2004_porsche_boxster-pic-4598395583833967429-1024x768.jpeg