Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Any Dension or Mobridge installer in SD want to connect ipod

No need for a 997 specific article , the hardware , layout and install is identical. If your car already has BOSE , NAV and a CD changer the install is even simpler. Just make sre you get the DUAL FOT gateway 500 unit and it plugs in place of the existing CD changer. All you need do is use the end connections in the kit to make up the fibre optic link cable , plug it in and use the power and ground cables from the existing CD changer as points to connect a scotchlock connector to power the dension. I put my desnion on top of the existing Cd changer tray and use USB for my MP3. If you wanted , you could also put the I pod in the same location or run a cable back into the car. There are about 8 screws to remove the plastic trim in the front trunk, the CD and NAV caddy are removed by pulling the cradle towards the front of the car. Then you can get to all the wiring. A small drill to make a few holes for the fixing scres, some wire tap (scotchlock connectors) and the job is done. Really it,s no more than an hours work.

No need for a 997 specific article , the hardware , layout and install is identical. If your car already has BOSE , NAV and a CD changer the install is even simpler. Just make sre you get the DUAL FOT gateway 500 unit and it plugs in place of the existing CD changer. All you need do is use the end connections in the kit to make up the fibre optic link cable , plug it in and use the power and ground cables from the existing CD changer as points to connect a scotchlock connector to power the dension. I put my desnion on top of the existing Cd changer tray and use USB for my MP3. If you wanted , you could also put the I pod in the same location or run a cable back into the car. There are about 8 screws to remove the plastic trim in the front trunk, the CD and NAV caddy are removed by pulling the cradle towards the front of the car. Then you can get to all the wiring. A small drill to make a few holes for the fixing scres, some wire tap (scotchlock connectors) and the job is done. Really it,s no more than an hours work.

With existing CD changer, basic installation is very simple, just change plugs and add electric. Only difficulty is running the controller, USB and ipod , if you want to, inside the car, because closest grommet is behind battery and you will need extensions for these cords.

believe me very simple to do...you even retain CD changer use.

Edited by larrytrk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

well am almost ready to purchase the dension unit, I have some quick question

since i have the factory cd changer. So if I do not want to make use of the facotry cd changer can i just uninstall the fiber cable from the cdc and plug it in to the dension module. Is that possible.

If not than does the cable coming in to the cdc gets rigged according to the instructions and goes to the dension or the cable going in to the nav gets rigged.

thanks.