Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Okay, i've heard of people having this issue and searched the forums and thought I fixed the problem when it came back. I cleaned/blew out both drainage lines in the front truck area. By the battery. Drove it through a rain storm and no new issues. Today I parked the car on a hill facing down hill and found the leak had resurfaced. I attached some pics. I can't seem to find the moon roof drainage lines. I've seen the diagram loren posted. Any advice or tips?

post-25560-1229869931_thumb.jpg

post-25560-1229869950_thumb.jpg

post-25560-1229869957_thumb.jpg

• Moderators

Is the flexible flap, hanging in front of the filter and attached on the bottom side of the wipers trim, still in place and in good condition? If yes, make a silicon seal between the filter holder and the body, if the water infiltration is localized in that area. The moon roof, very fragile draining tubes, are located in the A-pillars and visible with the inner trim removed, they ended in the upper part of the wheel arch behind the front wheels as a button, not as a tube. You can check them out for cracks as well.

hmmm..okay. Thank you for the tips RFM. Yes, it looks like the water drips from the windshield, then over the flexible pollen filter shield and down the hatch where it leaks into my interior. The pollen filter shield is warping downward in a "smile" so I figure that is a main problem. The other drainage lines worry me as I haven't located them yet. Thanks again. I'll post back soon when fixes are made, and hopefully problem solved....if not i will need some more direction! lol Thanks again. Danke!

brian

• 5 months later...

Passenger side leak was fixed with RFM's solution. But just discovered now i'm leaking from the front drivers side dash. It's funny mistakening gave the wrong title for this thread. The original leak was under the passenger dash. Anway, i blew out the passenger and driver side lines under the hood, but that didn't seem to solve my issue. What next? Any thoughts/tips? 1999 C4 coupe.

Stranger still i just checked and couldn't find any "water trail" coming down the sides of the compartment. It only seems to be wet below my feet. And no moisture in back of seat either. Need help on this one!

Edited by bmohr

okay, i think i may have found the culprit. The drain under the steering shaft has it's rubber hose fallen into the chasis:( Not sure how the f i'm going to work under there as i can't fit my hand under that area:( Somehow have to use those 90 degree bent pliers to pull it out. Anyone else have this happen and if so how to correct it? It makes me wonder how this happened as i never fool with this area of the car. Hmmm. Thoughts? Advice?

• Moderators

If you talking about the drains near the battery, don't worry about that, they have nothing to do with your problem, the drain holes are above the fuel tank=outside of the car, as long the holes are free, no problem. As mentioned in my earlier post, remove the A-pillar inside trim to check the sun roof drain tubes, they are very brittle.

alright...no dice on a pillar. Removed, checked and verified drainage is working very well, no leaks from hose. Also, there is no way to push the battery drain hose back in from bottom and hook the horizontal hose connector to it. So it will now be draining down on my various hoses/pipes until eternity:( lol. What's next? Any other advice. Again, no water in back seat. Just under the drivers feet. I feel hopeless. Also, as an aside the car is parked with nose up on a slanted driveway.