Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

I am thinking about having a rear wiper installed on my "naked" 03 C4S. I plan to drive it this winter, and the car was ordered without. Has anyone had this done after-the-fact? Is the car pre-wired for this? What was the cost, and hassle...Thanks

• Admin

It is likely possible but may be costly. All Carrera's have custom wiring harnesses - build to order. The mount point is the small metal panel between the window and the deck lid. Replacement would mean welding - more likely you will drill a hole in your panel. Add the wiper mechanism, wiring, switch and relay and you are done.

• 1 year later...

You may be right. But I had a rear wiper on a 944 that I drove daily for 12 years. I used it, and liked it. Ugly? Maybe, but definitely functional. My C4 is now my daily drive vehicle, and I'm serious about putting on one.

Has anyone retrofitted one?

Hi,

For anyone interested - this is from a 99 996 - installation is simple as it just bolts onto slots seen in the pics - As Loren says, problem may be that the wiring loom may not be there (incl the dash switch) so check this first.

Motor :

post-6612-1150977671_thumb.jpg

Motor end loom :

post-6612-1150977690_thumb.jpg

Fixing to the body shell :

post-6612-1150977705_thumb.jpg

I took mine off as I've stripped the car to save weight + I never used it even when it was on there ... :)

Edited by teeerex

I'm going to go with everyone else here. Leave it off. It's ugly, and doesn't really do much for you anyway. Talk to some people that have rear wipers and see if they really use them much.

-Charles

I have it on mine, never used it, rain-x and it's all good. I use the one on my Laredo as the glass is factory tinted .

• 5 weeks later...

I have a 2000 C4 and I use mine all the time. When it's raining or there is light snow on the window, it makes a clear view of the rear, particularly useful when you're backing up.

Edited by PeterC4

• 9 months later...

Has anybody removed the rear wiper?

I don't like it. It's too much ugly for me and I'd like to have a "clean" image of the rear view

Besides, if you use Rain X, it would be always clean.

How aboute the parts required to delete rear wiper?

Thanks

Has anybody removed the rear wiper?

I don't like it. It's too much ugly for me and I'd like to have a "clean" image of the rear view

Besides, if you use Rain X, it would be always clean.

How aboute the parts required to delete rear wiper?

Thanks

See Post # 9 ... :rolleyes:

It's a bit of a pain as you need to remove a lot of sound proofing to get to the bolts that release it.

The only part you'll need is to bung up the hole - I guess you can get this from Porsche but I've no idea what the part number is as I used a generic bung which fitted perfectly.. (Black car/Black bung..)

Since removing it over 2 years ago, I don't miss it at all - probably because I never used it in the first place ... and the lines are sooo much niver without it ... :thumbup: