Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Roll Bar removal on 2007 Boxster

Hi Friends,

Has any one removed the roll bar from a 2005 and up on the Boxster.

I am looking for some pictures and instruction to remove the roll bar and the leather parts without damaging them.

I am going to have my 2007 roll bar painted the exterior color hope some one can help with this project.

regards

secuuda

post-17320-1232759478_thumb.jpg

Edited by secuuda

• 2 months later...

Secuuda, I can give you a little advice. Mine was done by the dealership, due to the fact that Porsche "forgot" to do this at the factory on my custom order.

1) The top also has to come off, partially. To get the roll bar out.

2) Make sure the roll bar if properly prep'e prior to painting. Including primer.

3) Don't put the windscreen inserts (black parts in the hoops) back in for several weeks (+4) until the paint is fully cured.

ToolPants once posted pictures on how to remove the "leather" parts (and tool used) from the roll bar.

Can you get it powdercoated vs painting? How much are they charging you? A quality job will be about $1,200 from what I have seen. The factory option was about $535 IIRC. Aftermarket is never cheap on these cars.

Good luck. Post pictures when completed. It's a great look.

• 5 months later...

secuuda --

I'm thinking of buying a Carmen red 07 S w/ a grey interior, and if I do I'll want to paint the roll bar and the console. Did you paint your roll bar? How'd it come out?

Anyone know about painting consoles?

Also, secuuda, I've been looking everywhere for an 07 S in carmen and beige, to replace my 2000 w/ the same colors. I really like those colors but can't find it used, so I'm thinking I may settle for the grey.

Jef

secuuda --

I'm thinking of buying a Carmen red 07 S w/ a grey interior, and if I do I'll want to paint the roll bar and the console. Did you paint your roll bar? How'd it come out?

Anyone know about painting consoles?

Also, secuuda, I've been looking everywhere for an 07 S in carmen and beige, to replace my 2000 w/ the same colors. I really like those colors but can't find it used, so I'm thinking I may settle for the grey.

Jef

Jef, if you want a painted center console, Eric at www.bumperplugs.com is your answer for great quality work and customer service.