Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Suspension Replacement

I own a 1999 Boxster and I think I need new rear suspension.I hear a noise from there very often especially when the road is not smooth.Car has 95000 miles so I think to upgrade front/rear suspension.

I made a search in forum but couldnt find any recomendations.I dont want stiff suspension.I need smooth ride and comfortable,if it can be comfortable ride in Boxster :)

What do u recomend?To use OEM shock absorbers?I searched at pelicanparts and found out that OEM shocks absorbers are Blinstein ones.As I know these are very stiff,correct?

Also I know that H&R suspension adjustable kit can be very smooth.Anyone tried this?

I am waiting for ur comments and recomendations.

Thanks

search for ROW 030

this is the european lower sport suspension

it is said to handle and ride better

plus it is less than an inch lower, so your car looks nicer too

aloha

steve

I own a 1999 Boxster and I think I need new rear suspension.I hear a noise from there very often especially when the road is not smooth.Car has 95000 miles so I think to upgrade front/rear suspension.

I made a search in forum but couldnt find any recomendations.I dont want stiff suspension.I need smooth ride and comfortable,if it can be comfortable ride in Boxster :)

What do u recomend?To use OEM shock absorbers?I searched at pelicanparts and found out that OEM shocks absorbers are Blinstein ones.As I know these are very stiff,correct?

Also I know that H&R suspension adjustable kit can be very smooth.Anyone tried this?

Thanks

Can you please give me a link that sells this suspension kit?I usually get parts from Pelican Parts because is the only one I found from USA who ship to Cyprus(Europe).But they dont have this kit.

If anyone can give me a link from USA or Europe it would be great.

search for ROW 030

this is the european lower sport suspension

it is said to handle and ride better

plus it is less than an inch lower, so your car looks nicer too

aloha

steve

Thanks

The M030 suspension is a porsche suspension (i think made by Bilstein) so unless you buy it used, I think you would get it from a Porsche dealer.

My 986S came with the 030. It was good. I liked it a lot for street driving. I soon turned my car into a track car though, and moved on to a first generation of H&R sport coilovers, which seemed about 25 percent stiffer than the 030. Balance was great.

I now use PSS9 with springs a bit stiffer than what they come with. I got these to have some adjustability for the many different tracks I go to. These are good because you can dial in more and less stiffness, although the dial is located on the bottom and a little hard to get to for changes.

If you have a Bilstein dealer local, and the Porsche guys can't get the 030 for some reason, talk to the Bilsteon people about your options. They will have something comparable to stock all the way up to track coilovers.

You might want to take a look at your suspension bushings and mounts. If they are worn out, that can make for weird handling and extra noise. Look at the bushing where the control arms attached to the frame, and look at the mounts at the top of the coil overs. Check for cracked, dried out and missing chunks of rubber.

Can you please give me a link that sells this suspension kit?I usually get parts from Pelican Parts because is the only one I found from USA who ship to Cyprus(Europe).But they dont have this kit.

If anyone can give me a link from USA or Europe it would be great.

There is a company in the UK called Porscheapart who sell the kit. Should be cheaper to ship to Cyprus :) than from the USA

The Bilstein PSS9 kit set on full soft is softer than the stock shocks.

Personally, I would take a look at your engine mount. I have yet to see a good one on a 986 (unless it has a 987 part number on it meaning it was replaced not too long ago)

PM me. I ship to Europe 2-3 times a week :)

B

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I own a 1999 2.5L Boxster.

Except for a light steering wheel vibration there was no reason to replace suspension parts but at 70.000km I replaced the original Bilstein shock absorbers by new Bilstein B6 shock absorbers (front and rear) and I also replaced the original front and rear stabilizer by H&R stabilizers.

I'm very satisfied with this minor conversion. The handling of the car is more precise and its stability has signifcantly improved and so did the steering wheel vibration; the height of the car and the comfort level remained unchanged. The replacement of all these parts was a nice DIY job.

So I can only recommend this 'value for money' conversion.

Best regards,

Alfred