Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Gauge Rings and Door Sill installed loving it

Did you have to cut the 987 sill's down or did you just leave the gap? Where did you get the Gauge Rings from, Suncoast is out of stock till March....

They look great by the way!

I left the gap, indeed i didn't know the gap will exist. I bought both items from Suncoast if they don't have them in stock, i could be the one who bought the last set. You may check out the following link and they are going for the same price.

http://www.vertexauto.com/ShowItem/197886%...nt%20Rings.aspx

Steven

For the gap, a dab of black silicone gasket goop will fill that completely.

But I hate to be critical, but those floor mats just don't cut it. You really need the Boxster originals.

I love both the Porsche sills and the rings set. But it really bugs me that the 911 guys get 5 rings for the same price as the Boster guy's three. I'll probably do it anyway!!! The sills in the black plastic give the interior a broader more extensive look.

Back on topic please.

Heck no! We wanna know about the excellent bodywork :D

Here are a few pics of the stainless steel door sills for folks with the OEM upgrade.

The mats are Porsche OEM. zoom in, its a bit dirty but you will see the Porsche logo :D

Back on topic please.

Here are a few pics of the stainless steel door sills for folks with the OEM upgrade.

The mats are Porsche OEM. zoom in, its a bit dirty but you will see the Porsche logo :D

I meant the mats in the first pic in the thread. They're black, don't fit at all, and there is no visible logo.

Back on topic please.

I meant the mats in the first pic in the thread. They're black, don't fit at all, and there is no visible logo.

Yes, this is referring to the first pic in the thread and they are black, perfect fit and purchased from Downtown Porsche in Toronto, price was $125 per set, the logo is visible but just not in that pic. Again, it was dirty and was shifted when i took the pic. sigh

post-28601-1243913478_thumb.jpg

Edited by ssflai

• 2 weeks later...
The door seals just pull up. There is a bit of adhesive , but the seal can be pushed back down when finished. That plastic housing on the sill(holds switches/pulls) to the driver's side is held in by some allen screws. Remove the plugs to access them. For the passenger side, remove umbrella/rubber liner and torx screws are revealed. You'll notice when all of this is removed there is a "V" etched on the metal sill to center the door sills.

You should be able to readily pull all of this off without any damages and have a perfect installation

Regards

Thanks to you guys I just installed the sills that are the subject of this thread without the "gap" problem. The instructions above were very helpful. I'll only add that the allen bolts on the driver's side are 5mm and only have to be loosened a few turns, rather than removed for the plastic parts housing to slide upward. The Bentley manual actually said to remove the seat to do this which is completey unnecessary.

These sills are just what I wanted.....to blend in and look like they came form the factory (which they sorta did!).

Bob

• 3 months later...
The door seals just pull up. There is a bit of adhesive , but the seal can be pushed back down when finished. That plastic housing on the sill(holds switches/pulls) to the driver's side is held in by some allen screws. Remove the plugs to access them. For the passenger side, remove umbrella/rubber liner and torx screws are revealed. You'll notice when all of this is removed there is a "V" etched on the metal sill to center the door sills.

You should be able to readily pull all of this off without any damages and have a perfect installation

Regards

Thanks to you guys I just installed the sills that are the subject of this thread without the "gap" problem. The instructions above were very helpful. I'll only add that the allen bolts on the driver's side are 5mm and only have to be loosened a few turns, rather than removed for the plastic parts housing to slide upward. The Bentley manual actually said to remove the seat to do this which is completey unnecessary.

These sills are just what I wanted.....to blend in and look like they came form the factory (which they sorta did!).

Bob

I finally got around to installing my sill covers (one year after ordering them). Actually I found this thread again and that reminded me. :D

Thanks Bob, for this final post. I couldn't get the driver's side switch cover off until I read your post that it's a 5 mm allen key. Unless you know that and to only turn it a few turns to loosen and you know to slide the cover up; you sit there scratching your head how to do this wondering if you are going to break something. I still had to pry with some force to get the covers off though, even after the allen bolt and torx screws but this was the first time removing the covers after the factory I assume. I agree taking the seat out is not necessary, just move it forward for the back one and back for the front one.

They look great ... shoulda done this a year ago.